• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic Cars

DirtySouthDeacon

I am fo real!
Reaction score
Do any of you own a classic car? I have kind of a once in a life time opportunity to get a sweet 72 Olds convertible at a good price. It needs some work, but I cant shake the idea of it. Of course my wife thinks it will just be a money pit and I can see her point.

Do any of you own a classic car? I have kind of a once in a life time opportunity to get a sweet 72 Olds convertible at a good price. It needs some work, but I cant shake the idea of it. Of course my wife thinks it will just be a money pit and I can see her point.

No, but I want to own a classic one of these days. I say do it!

54 Buick Super. My great grandmother bought it new and it's stayed in the family since.

54 Buick Super. My great grandmother bought it new and it's stayed in the family since.

My dad had a 68 or 69 Dodge Coronet RT but he traded it in when my brother was born. Needed a family car...

Is there a question here?

9008057-1972-oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-thumb-c.jpg

If I had somewhere to park it, I would definitely get an old roadster like an MG, Austin-Healey, Fiat, Triumph, Alfa, etc. But it's not like any of those could be a reliable first car so I'll probs never have one.

My first car was a 1966 Mustang and it was the biggest money pit ever, but it was a sweeet car. You definitely need to have some ability to maintain the car yourself (which ability I did not have) and be prepared to be without the car for days at a time while it is getting serviced or repaired. Also, it had no AC, no real sound system, was probably dangerous as fuck, leaked when it rained, and you smelled like gasoline for the rest of the day when you got out of the car. But, people always stopped me in parking lots wanting to buy it off me, so that was cool.

1966-ford-mustang-coupe-289-v8-motor-4-barrel-automatic-trans-black-interior-2.JPG

Are you going to park it in your imaginary garage or in the yard ?

That's a pretty sweet fucking first car doe

Agreed. I do miss it from time to time (e.g., driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway) although the lack of AC would kill me now. Also, in retrospect, I can't believe I didn't die in that car.

Agreed. I do miss it from time to time (e.g., driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway) although the lack of AC would kill me now. Also, in retrospect, I can't believe I didn't die in that car.

My buddy had a classic 911 without AC and lived in Tampa. It was unbearable. Did your car even have seatbelts?

Back