• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic Cars

tumblr_om03d3OBaW1u2ragso8_500.gif

I have a 1978 Ford F-150 Ranger, it is my work truck. I love it but am on the fence on selling as I used to tinker on it but not as much any more.

I will try to find a pic

this is not my truck but looks identical...mine is probably more dirty/rusty.

Almost bought this last month, but I can't shake the feeling that I would rather have a Bronco than a Scout so I chickened out.

1976IHScoutII_01_700.jpg

The Scouts are a good pick - we had one back in the day and I wonder if someone still has it. That one looks to be in great shape

Almost bought this last month, but I can't shake the feeling that I would rather have a Bronco than a Scout so I chickened out.

1976IHScoutII_01_700.jpg

Scouts are cool and all, but an old Bronco is going to be much easier to maintain (in terms of parts and finding people who know how to work on old fords).

Scouts are cool and all, but an old Bronco is going to be much easier to maintain (in terms of parts and finding people who know how to work on old fords).

Yep. Agreed to both. Scouts are a little cheaper on the front end than a Bronco, but probably much more problematic to own. Which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet even though I like the Scout's aesthetic and the fact that they are comparably rarer to see on the road than a Bronco (because most Scouts rusted all to hell within a few years of being purchased).

tl/dr: IBG&B is a giant pansy that refuses to make a decision.

1976IHScoutII_01_700.jpg

What year? My dad had an Orange Scout in the late 70s.

Triumph TR-5 circa 1968 is a car I would love to have:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
What year? My dad had an Orange Scout in the late 70s.

Triumph TR-5 circa 1968 is a car I would love to have.

imgres

The one in the picture is a 1976. The one that I am/was looking at buying is actually a 1977 that looks almost identical. I didn't have a picture of it handy when I posted on this thread.

This thread has made me waste a fair amount of time on Hemmings. If I had somewhere to put it, I would think long and hard about one of these:

59643247-770-0@2X.jpg

57681103-770-0@2X.jpg

This thread has made me waste a fair amount of time on Hemmings. If I had somewhere to put it, I would think long and hard about one of these:

59643247-770-0@2X.jpg

57681103-770-0@2X.jpg

Eli Cash's car! Those Austin Healey's are tiny. I'm 6' and can barely fit in them.

Back