• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM - a thread on my thoughts

That would require us to recruit a McDAA. Instead, we pump up top 90 guys like Miller-McIntyre and Crawford and then turn on them when they don't play like McDAAs.

We don't want those McDAAs, they lack culture and might not stay a for 4 years, says Ron Wellman.

That would require us to recruit a McDAA. Instead, we pump up top 90 guys like Miller-McIntyre and Crawford and then turn on them when they don't play like McDAAs.

There are plenty of good teams out there without McD quality players.

CMM looked like a really good player as a frosh. He has regressed since then.

CMM has never had an outside shot. Neither has he shown the court vision that Crawford has. Last season Codi finished well at the basket, however.

CMM has never had an outside shot. Neither has he shown the court vision that Crawford has. Last season Codi finished well at the basket, however.

The ability to shoot from outside puts Crawford ahead of CMM already and he does appear to have better court vision, just needs to clean up his game.

Player A- 42% fg, 32% 3fg 71 asst, 57 to
Player B- 35% fg, 40% 3fg 77 asst 62 to

So which one is the shooter with great vision?

Yeah, Crawford's now shooting 32.5% on 2P FGs. I'm expecting him to improve his decision-making (which is just atrocious right now), but he isn't a good finisher at the rim, and I'm not sure how much that is gonna improve over time.

Finishing at the rim is a strength thing. I expect Crawford to become a better finisher at the rim as he matures and as he adjusts to the physicality and speed of play at this level. I think he is going to be very good.

Oh good grief. Crawford clearly has the better skill set than CMM and that isn't a slight at CMM. Crawford is a better shooter and better passer than Codi right now...and we are comparing a freshman with a senior. Crawford does make incredibly dumb decisions at times when handling the ball though and I trust Codi going to hole over him as well. The behind the back pass off Collins head which led to a Miami dunk was a snapshot of our season.

Don't know if State wins today or not, but I'm jealous of how Gottfried has turned their play around after just 2weeks ago looking like they would challenge us and BC for the basement.

Pretty impressive 1-6 record. They've got a random win like we do. Maybe they will start winning a few more but I'm not sure what corner they've turned at this point.

Pretty impressive 1-6 record. They've got a random win like we do. Maybe they will start winning a few more but I'm not sure what corner they've turned at this point.

Not that they turned a corner, but I like the intensity they're playing with and blowing Pitt out on the road is a very good win. In other words, yeah State may be 1-6, but I don't see them folding like a cheap suit like we have been. I want to see some fight in our team at least.

Back