• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach K Taking Indefinite Leave

Amazing how this happens when K losses a gimme ACC game.

Giles isn't even going to get coached by K.

Very strange. I wonder if retirement is lurking around the corner?

Too bad this Duke team is much better than the previous back pain team, though they certainly didn't look like it against VT.

So who's going to petition the NCAA to have Capel's losses taken off his career record? And should we bet as to where Capel ends up next year? I'm going with Walla Walla Community College.

what will happen to allen now? leave it up to scheyer to decide?

Odd for this to happen after only losing one game. Typically takes more of a set back for that kind of a back flare-up.

Maybe there really is serious dissension in the ranks.

The man has literally been coaching basketball nonstop for the past 12 years without a break and will be 70 next month, this isn't that surprising to me.

The irony of Jeff Capel coach his backbreaker team is thick.

Capel's famous half court shot against the Holes was for Gaudet's 1994-95 backbreaker team.

Odd for this to happen after only losing one game. Typically takes more of a set back for that kind of a back flare-up.

Maybe there really is serious dissension in the ranks.
Or maybe Grayson tripped K in practice.

I guess I'll have to change my avatar back to K laid out on the floor.

K's back knows when Duke is about to have a disappointing season. Looking forward to K's retroactive decision to whether or not to count Duke's wins and losses during this time.

Back injuries are the cause. Strange.

Herniated disc this time and it requires surgery. K has been doing non-stop coaching for the last couple of years and is 69 years old. The body does break down [I know exactly how that happens]. I believe they will do just fine with Coach in Waiting Jeff Capel. He had hernia surgery in 2015 & knee replacement just this past summer. Things happen when you hit the 60's.

Back