• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach K Taking Indefinite Leave

probably back bothering him for awhile and now being a good time (if ur him) to address it.

He must have a really fucked up herniated disc if he needs four weeks to recover. We are typically an outpatient procedure with physical therapy starting a day or two later.

Things must have really changed over the past 14 years. When I had my lumbar laminectomy with Dr. Brown, I was OW as an attorney for a month. No driving, walking every day, etc. If the surgery fails, K could be out for the year. Nerve damage is a possibility and failed back surgery is pretty common.

probably back bothering him for awhile and now being a good time (if ur him) to address it.

If it's been bothering him for several months, the disc has obviously been compressing a nerve. I find it odd that the symptoms would suddenly worsen right after a beatdown loss.

I guess he needed his massages from Wojo and Collins more than he thought.

Things must have really changed over the past 14 years. When I had my lumbar laminectomy with Dr. Brown, I was OW as an attorney for a month. No driving, walking every day, etc. If the surgery fails, K could be out for the year. Nerve damage is a possibility and failed back surgery is pretty common.

That was the last time you dropped out of the rankings, right?

True...my brother had two and both failed to correct the issue and is left with a decision of living with pain for the rest of his life or fusing vertabrae.

When does ESPN start the telethon to save coach kaye?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! Is that one of those fake news stories? Duke gets a pass for any game it might lose if K isn't coaching?? Wow.

Curious. Didn't Syracuse get some extra love last season for the games that Boeheim didn't coach?

Problem is it required surgery last May. Why wait til your real job kicks in.

Because he had a lot of basketball responsibilities, like the U.S. Olympic team [even though he had knee replacement surgery in the early summer and having had that myself, it is not easy to come back from in and of itself]. So I would imagine he was hoping he could make it thru the end of the season, but the herniated disc pain was too much and he will have surgery this week. A referee buddy of mine had this in the past year and was in rehab about 6 weeks.

Things must have really changed over the past 14 years. When I had my frontal lobotomy with Dr. Brown, I was OW as an attorney for a month. No driving, walking every day, etc.

FIFY

That explains a lot.

Is the the point where the CMM hate took root?

You of all people know that type of surgery takes more than 4 weeks of recovery time Mrs. Tannen!

"Ace: [laughs] Let's see who's lying, shall we? Would a real woman have to wear one of these? [pulls on Einhorn's hair, assuming it's a wig] Boy, that's really on there! But tell me this...would a real woman be missing these? [rips open Einhorn's blouse, revealing her breasts] That kind of surgery can be done over the weekend! But I doubt he could find time in his... busy schedule...to get rid of big ol' Mr. Knish! [rips Einhorn's skirt off, believing she is hiding a penis, but gets nothing] Heh heh...oh, boy."

If not, then whenever they bring Valvano back to life and kick "Revelation" into high gear.

All these ailments that accompany old age yet his hair remains jet black. Amazing!

Curious. Didn't Syracuse get some extra love last season for the games that Boeheim didn't coach?

Oh for sure, it was like the losses shouldn't count when picking their seed. Too bad we can't use that for 4 years of [Redacted].

It's been one game into his indefinite leave - should we expect Coach Krzyzewski to be back on the sidelines tonight?

Back