• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COD:Modern Warfare 3 questions

Multiplayer is awesome. I haven't noticed many snipers at all. Most of the levels aren't conducive to sniping. I have only really used the UMP and I have been consistently finishing in the top third.

Support class - exploding package drop, good UAV, airlift is money.

What is the problem with sniping? I cannot stand it when people cannot stand sniping. I enjoy everything assault, support, and sniping on occasion.

I got so many games right now I am having a hard time keeping up the NCAA leagues, Uncharted, BF3, MW3, and soon to be Skyrim

What is the problem with sniping? I cannot stand it when people cannot stand sniping. I enjoy everything assault, support, and sniping on occasion.

it's not sniping in general; it's the broken game mechanic in MW2 that allowed people to quick-scope. when you zoom in on a sniper scope, it subtly auto-aims, so if you're fast you can get kills really easily. it was very frustrating to fight against.

it's not sniping in general; it's the broken game mechanic in MW2 that allowed people to quick-scope. when you zoom in on a sniper scope, it subtly auto-aims, so if you're fast you can get kills really easily. it was very frustrating to fight against.

Yeah, and it's back in MW3, although I haven't seen a lot of it yet.

I am not yet ready to give up on MW3 yet, but where I like BF3 a little more each time I play the multiplayer, I think I like MW3 a little less each time I play it.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I think it mostly boils down to all the little changes they have made, including game types and they way the maps all seem pretty confined, seem to make the game so much faster than it was before. There just seems no way to play "smart". You seem to be forced to just run around constantly, and running and gunning just means I am going to die a lot.

For me, at least so far, BF3 is slowly pulling away as the better multiplayer game.

EA seems to be putting a bit more strategy in their games. In BF3 and FIFA12 you are rewarded for thinking ahead rather than just playing all offense arcade style. I'm a big fan as it makes the game more realistic.

EA seems to be putting a bit more strategy in their games. In BF3 and FIFA12 you are rewarded for thinking ahead rather than just playing all offense arcade style. I'm a big fan as it makes the game more realistic.

Yeah, I lean more that way as well. Not trying to hate on MW3 and I am not ready to give up on it yet, but I really didn't like MW2 at all, although I loved Black Ops, and this one feels like MW2 but taking all the things I didn't like and making it worse.

Holy crap...after having never played a MW game, I picked up MW3 this afternoon for the Wii...I feel like I need a semester-long class on how to play this game. I have tons of questions about stuff like leveling up, what does "prestige" mean, how do you attach stuff to guns, how do you level up a gun and why, etc

Yeah, I lean more that way as well. Not trying to hate on MW3 and I am not ready to give up on it yet, but I really didn't like MW2 at all, although I loved Black Ops, and this one feels like MW2 but taking all the things I didn't like and making it worse.

i really dont see how CoD can compare with BF... granted i haven't played COD in 2-3 years but last i played there was no teamwork and no player controlled vehicles. BF is a teamwork centered game with vehicles. you don't even have to like shooters to play BF3, u can be an elite helo pilot, or an elite jet pilot and never fire one rifle. or if u suck at shooting guns and flying, you can just spot enemies, heal, rez, give out ammo, paint vehicles, etc and still make a great contribution to winning. the maps in BF are also a lot bigger, and the 4 kits involve a lot of strategy deciding which one for which situation and also how it fits into your squad. BF has 10x more depth than COD even though COD is more popular and looks slightly better. i would like to hear someone explain to me why the 10 year old COD engine and the game that runs on it can even hold a candle to the BF series.

and if u wanna play COD, just go to the subway and urban maps and choose infantry only and go lone wolf, no squad... it's the same thing isn't it?

Last edited:
or if u suck at shooting guns and flying, you can just spot enemies, heal, rez, give out ammo, paint vehicles, etc and still make a great contribution to winning.

If you play any war game just to spot enemies and heal people you are a huge pussy.

If you play any war game just to spot enemies and heal people you are a huge pussy.

the point was there is a lot more to BF than just shooting people, but the only thing in COD is shooting people, and with hardly any teamwork involved. that was my impression at least the last time I played.

How often do you ADS as opposed to shooting without it? I couldn't kill anyone yesterday and I think it was because I tried to shoot from a distance without ever ADS

Should I be concerned that I haven't seen my son since MW3 came out earlier this week?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

How often do you ADS as opposed to shooting without it? I couldn't kill anyone yesterday and I think it was because I tried to shoot from a distance without ever ADS

You have to aim down the sights, especially at distance. I do, however, recommend not trying to aim if you're caught in close quarters, then, just fire from the hip, especially if you have an SMG.

Thanks...when playing multiplayer, it seems like I can get a lot of kills with a certain weapon (i.e. G36C) but until I unlock it by leveling up my character, nothing will actually apply to leveling up the weapon itself, right?

Can I ask a dumb pointstreak question?

This is my first COD game ever, so I'm really confused about pointstreaks and how to activate them. I got 3 kills and kept trying to figure out how to activate the UAV, then I got another kill and was somehow able to activate the Care Package killstreak (which was subsequently stolen, ROFFLECOPTER).

I thought that as long as you choose a specific type of killstreak, then you would have access to all the types of killstreaks in that class. Can you only pick a few to choose from? I was playing with a preset class (Grenadier I think) so maybe I didn't have that one to choose from? thanks.

Thanks...and you can still get the MOAB after 25 kills regardless of what 3 killstreaks you choose?

Back