• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Wait you think the Harrison twins as freshmen were better than Ulis and Murray this year? I agree about Randle, but UK's guard play this year is far and away better than that year.

I wasn't a big fan of the Harrisons, but they were dynamite in the conference and NCAA tournament. Murray is a decent offensive player, but plays no defensive and turns the ball over a lot. I do like Ulis. The other kid (Briscoe) is shooting 38% from the line right now and is a huge liability. I'd definitely take the Harrisons over this backcourt

The amount of hype and exposure Ben Simmons is getting shows what a lie Duke and Kentucky's recruiting pitch about elite recruits having to go to a Blue Blood to get exposure is.

True, but the drawback is he has to deal with losing all of the time and is likely not going to the tourney.

The amount of hype and exposure Ben Simmons is getting shows what a lie Duke and Kentucky's recruiting pitch about elite recruits having to go to a Blue Blood to get exposure is.

Excellent point.

True, but the drawback is he has to deal with losing all of the time and is likely not going to the tourney.

LSU beat UK by 18 last night. They could be back in the tourney projections if they beat UF on Saturday especially if we beat Duke.

Excellent point.

LSU beat UK by 18 last night. They could be back in the tourney projections if they beat UF on Saturday especially if we beat Duke.
Ben Simmons is/was the #1 player in the class by a distance, of course he didnt need UK or Duke for exposure. Who would make that stupid argument to begin with?

Mudiay played in China for a year and got enough exposure

I don't think exposure is the reason why top players go to top programs. More winning and the fact coaches have (correctly) pointed out that limiting their PT won't hurt their draft stock

I don't think exposure is the reason why top players go to top programs. More winning and the fact coaches have (correctly) pointed out that limiting their PT won't hurt their draft stock
Of course. Does PH really think Calipari or K were recruiting Ben Simmons on "exposure" vs an SEC school?

In recruiting Harry Giles, exposure was a big part of the recruiting pitch that was used against us.

And by exposure they meant "you won't win" (wrong as that perhaps may have been)

Back