• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

Duke is out of the Top 25. First time since the 07-08 preseason poll. 167 consecutive weeks.

Duke is out of the Top 25. First time since the 07-08 preseason poll. 167 consecutive weeks.

Duke plays at GT tomorrow. The game will be close to pick 'em. If Duke loses to go 4-5 in the ACC, they are in big time trouble as 6 of their last 9 are against UNC, L'ville, UVA or at Pitt. Hard to see the ACC getting more than 8 teams in the tourney , and with a loss to GT, Duke may not finish within 2 games of any of the 8 teams currently ahead of them in the ACC standings. Further, the ACC teams that will be fighting with Duke for an NCAA bid have already beaten Duke head to head (Cuse, Clemson, Miami, ND)

Duke plays at GT tomorrow. The game will be close to pick 'em. If Duke loses to go 4-5 in the ACC, they are in big time trouble as 6 of their last 9 are against UNC, L'ville, UVA or at Pitt. Hard to see the ACC getting more than 8 teams in the tourney , and with a loss to GT, Duke may not finish within 2 games of any of the 8 teams currently ahead of them in the ACC standings. Further, the ACC teams that will be fighting with Duke for an NCAA bid have already beaten Duke head to head (Cuse, Clemson, Miami, ND)

You must not follow the NCAA. Not only will Duke make it, they will have the easiest path possible to the Final Four.

Head-to-head doesn't matter much for making the NCAAT. Duke's resume is way better than Clemson's because of non-conference. A close road loss isn't really going to hurt them.

Also, 68 teams have to make the tournament. If Duke goes 7-11 in the ACC we can talk, but they won't

Yeah, you watch, Duke is gonna start winning a bunch of games... One way or another.

K apparently "fell ill" after dinner last night and won't coach tonight. His team is down so he bails.

K apparently "fell ill" after dinner last night and won't coach tonight. His team is down so he bails.

3c239d0e0df1b3793004d83d9e672092.jpg

What a sandy vagina.

Posrep to whoever called this a couple of weeks ago. K is such a scumbag.

Miami held serve at home against ND. Must be nice to have a home court advantage. :(

Miami is good. I've always liked Larranaga, and McClellan can play. They have nice perimeter players, a couple of interchangeable bigs, and they play solid D. It was fun watching them play UVA here.

Speaking of UVA, BC sucks. They are god awful. UVA went through the motions last night with only 1 player having a good offensive night (Brogdon), and they cruised by 20 or so. BC has a couple of decent guards but no frontcourt and no depth. Their D is unimpressive, and I had no idea what they were running in terms of an offense - was sorta like get it to #3 or 55 and let them jack it up. Poorly coached team without ACC talent. Worst game by far I've seen here this year. The William & Mary game was more competitive, and UVA had to turn it on to pull away from them. Oakland was at least as competitive, plus I got to watch the Kay Felder Show.

Miami is good. I've always liked Larranaga, and McClellan can play. They have nice perimeter players, a couple of interchangeable bigs, and they play solid D. It was fun watching them play UVA here.

Speaking of UVA, BC sucks. They are god awful. UVA went through the motions last night with only 1 player having a good offensive night (Brogdon), and they cruised by 20 or so. BC has a couple of decent guards but no frontcourt and no depth. Their D is unimpressive, and I had no idea what they were running in terms of an offense - was sorta like get it to #3 or 55 and let them jack it up. Poorly coached team without ACC talent. Worst game by far I've seen here this year. The William & Mary game was more competitive, and UVA had to turn it on to pull away from them. Oakland was at least as competitive, plus I got to watch the Kay Felder Show.

Imagine the meltdown around here if we lose to BC.

At this point, I would say BC is a 'pick em' game.

Right now the line would be WF favored by 9-10. WF will also be a small favorite over VT at home, and will be a dog in every other remaining game (FSU and ND will be small favorites at WF).

When is the last time a P5 team went winless in conference in both football and basketball in the same academic year?

Back