• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Bball Thread

While Cal is a scumbag and probably has ruined college hoops with his one and done factory, he had a great rant. If Cal is stupid enough not to know they get 'screwed' I'd ask him about his vacated final 4s.

Only because it's true every year. The NCAA Tournament is a total joke - basically WWE. How does UVA end up in the same bracket with Mich St for the 3rd year in a row, how? So screwed. While Duke gets freaking Oregon as the #1 seed in their bracket. There is just no way Duke was going to get Carolina (obviously), Kansas or Michigan St in their bracket. Just wasn't going to happen. It's so obvious. I'm sure it's CBS related. Duke draws viewers and it hurts CBS for them to go out.

Got rewarded with a 4 without again playing one true n/c road game. Didn't finish top 3 in conference regular season nor tourney and got higher seed than Big Ten champ Indiana. Amazing

I love the 'outrage' by the talking heads. It gives them 30 minutes to rant about it. But they won't worry about it until 365 days from now.

Hawaii on probation but their post season ban for the 2016-2017 season.

While Cal is a scumbag and probably has ruined college hoops with his one and done factory, he had a great rant. If Cal is stupid enough not to know they get 'screwed' I'd ask him about his vacated final 4s.

it's not his fault the rules blow

Tree leaves Wake, gets in with Iona, smiling as usual. In the NIT, Cavanaugh is doing well at GW and Fischer at BYU, 17.9 points per game, .839 ft average, played 33.7 minutes per game, only 47 to's. Cavanaugh is RS-jr, leads team in scoring, 16.6 a game, 2nd in rebounds, 7.6 a game, and .840 from the FT line. Never thought Tree was ACC quality, his stats at Iona also bear that out. But he is in the tournament. Lost Chennault to 'Nova, never thought he was ACC quality and he didn't do much at ' Nova, but got into two NCAA tournaments I think, but Desrosiers contributed at Providence, started his last year, also 2 NCAA tournaments. Adala Moto at Towson lead the team I think to a 20 win season,13.9 pts a game, 8.2 rebounds a games, .722 ft average. Adala Moto & Cav could really have helped this team, but they were sharing minutes, whereas now they are playing fulltime, as they wanted.
CMM & DT's reward for loyalty to WF? Some peoples' scorn as losers, but look what the team has lost in transfers and we really could have benefited from Jones at point guard as Crawford had so many turnovers,but Jones managed to get himself kicked off the team. As for DT, while he missed way too many fts, he is only the 4th in WF history to have 1000 rebounds, the last being Duncan, 20 years ago, and before him, Chappell, in the early '60s, and Hemric, in the early '50s. He missed 1500 pts by 14--got 1486 for his career. We had roughly 20 good years of bb in the '90s & the first decade of this century, and it took an undersized 5, who really at 6'9" probably should have been playing the 4 position if we could have ever developed a center in Washington or this year in Moore, to reach the record held by only 3 legends of WF bb and he and CMM never got to play one post season game, and only had one winning season. I don't see it as their fault--I see it more as the fault of the "captains" of the ship and of the players who deserted the sinking ship of WF while DT and CMM stayed aboard and tried to right the ship.

Bilas on SC right now. "Kyrie with the assist. He went to Duke, in the tournament. Here's Chris Paul. He went to Wake Forest, not in the tournament."

Tree leaves Wake, gets in with Iona, smiling as usual. In the NIT, Cavanaugh is doing well at GW and Fischer at BYU, 17.9 points per game, .839 ft average, played 33.7 minutes per game, only 47 to's. Cavanaugh is RS-jr, leads team in scoring, 16.6 a game, 2nd in rebounds, 7.6 a game, and .840 from the FT line. Never thought Tree was ACC quality, his stats at Iona also bear that out. But he is in the tournament. Lost Chennault to 'Nova, never thought he was ACC quality and he didn't do much at ' Nova, but got into two NCAA tournaments I think, but Desrosiers contributed at Providence, started his last year, also 2 NCAA tournaments. Adala Moto at Towson lead the team I think to a 20 win season,13.9 pts a game, 8.2 rebounds a games, .722 ft average. Adala Moto & Cav could really have helped this team, but they were sharing minutes, whereas now they are playing fulltime, as they wanted.
CMM & DT's reward for loyalty to WF? Some peoples' scorn as losers, but look what the team has lost in transfers and we really could have benefited from Jones at point guard as Crawford had so many turnovers,but Jones managed to get himself kicked off the team. As for DT, while he missed way too many fts, he is only the 4th in WF history to have 1000 rebounds, the last being Duncan, 20 years ago, and before him, Chappell, in the early '60s, and Hemric, in the early '50s. He missed 1500 pts by 14--got 1486 for his career. We had roughly 20 good years of bb in the '90s & the first decade of this century, and it took an undersized 5, who really at 6'9" probably should have been playing the 4 position if we could have ever developed a center in Washington or this year in Moore, to reach the record held by only 3 legends of WF bb and he and CMM never got to play one post season game, and only had one winning season. I don't see it as their fault--I see it more as the fault of the "captains" of the ship and of the players who deserted the sinking ship of WF while DT and CMM stayed aboard and tried to right the ship.

lol

lol... Cal has ruined college basketball?

i just remembered that cavanaugh and desrosiers were different people

i just remembered that cavanaugh and desrosiers were different people

Six years of absolute crap and it's all run together at this point. I had forgotten Desrosiers even played here. Vaguely remember Cavanaugh.

Just want to note that I blame Wake for IU's ridiculously hard draw. It would have been nice if your squad hadn't quit playing once conference play began.

Hopefully someone can leak a bracket every year so we don't ever have to put up with 2 hours of bullshit from CBS.

Apparently Barkley has never used an Ipad before.

Back