• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

Even if JC never plays another game in the Joel, #20 deserves to be in the rafters. He deserves to be ACCPOY and first team AA with his play over the past 12 games.

Never thought I'd consider hanging the jersey of a two and done with only half a season as an elite player. Wellman plunged this program into the depths so we have to honor the player most responsible for getting us back into the dance.

Love Collins but he would need to carry us to an ACC tournament title or an elite eight to justify retiring his jersey after this season. If he comes back, I think he would be a shoe in for the honor.

He really does deserve ACCPOY. He's the best player in the league. Last nights performance was epic.

Even if JC never plays another game in the Joel, #20 deserves to be in the rafters. He deserves to be ACCPOY and first team AA with his play over the past 12 games.

Tin Duncan is the last Wake player that I have enjoyed watching play as much as I do Collins. But he would need to come back for #20 to hang from the rafters, unless he is ACC POY this year.

"Just the way the way he moves his feet in the post, he's very, very active," Pitino said. "Terrific basketball player. The best post player in our league by far, if not the country."

Nothing we don't already know but this is a pretty cool quote from a legendary coach.

Love Collins but he would need to carry us to an ACC tournament title or an elite eight to justify retiring his jersey after this season. If he comes back, I think he would be a shoe in for the honor.

If he wins ACCPOY or is a a 1st Team AA, I think that changes the calculus a little. Team success has its own banners. He's currently doing things that haven't been done since Charlie Davis. He's putting up numbers like Len Chappell and Skip Brown.

Did he attend a private camp or work with someone over the summer? His improvement since last year is phenomenal.

Did he attend a private camp or work with someone over the summer? His improvement since last year is phenomenal.

Not that I'm aware of. I think it has a lot to do with Devin being out of his way (I liked DT a lot as a player fwiw).

Danny and staff get some credit for this. John Collins, John Collins, and John Collins need to be Danny's first three recruiting pitches to post players.

Has a WF ACC POY ever not had his jersey hang from the rafters?

Tin Duncan is the last Wake player that I have enjoyed watching play as much as I do Collins. But he would need to come back for #20 to hang from the rafters, unless he is ACC POY this year.

As I posted 6 weeks ago and was scoffed at, if JC stayed 4 years (I know he won't) his name would be right a long Timmy's in Wake Forest lore. Heck, if he comes back next year it might be. I'm not saying he'd be every bit as good as Timmy, but he's as special of a talent I've seen at Wake since CP3. He's just that "it" that Timmy had. I'm not going to act like I had any idea he'd be doing what he's doing after watching his first game here (exhibition against UNC-Pembroke last year), but I did come away for that thinking Collins looked like he really had some talent. I think he got held back a bit last year because of playing behind Devin Thomas, but he probably also benefited from that in ways as well.

Pitino called Collins the best post player in the conference, if not the country.

Not that I'm aware of. I think it has a lot to do with Devin being out of his way (I liked DT a lot as a player fwiw).

Well Manning could have played them together.

Much of Collins growth was simply learning to stay out of foul trouble.

Pitino called Collins the best post player in the conference, if not the country.

Pitino knows posts too..................
538b4acf442379446559f4cffd0bd93d.jpg

I was convinced that Kennard or another player from a top-tier team would win, but after watching Collins abuse his competition consistently and thoroughly over the last few weeks, I think he has a real shot to win it. It's clear that he deserves it, regardless of my WFU bias, so I only hope that voters don't hold the team's overall record against him.

Well Manning could have played them together.

Much of Collins growth was simply learning to stay out of foul trouble.

Both are catch and score low post players without a ton of range. Not so sure how well they would have meshed together, but you're not wrong.

Back