• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

I'd think the bigger problem would be Bonzie. They only went head-to-head once and Bonzie won the matchup and Notre Dame won the game. Collins with the scoring edge but Bonzie with the rebounding and better all-around game (3 point range, assists, steals). Notre Dame also 2nd in the ACC.

Bilas was on DG's radio show and said that ACC POY should & most likely will go to the best player on the best team, which would mean Jackson from UNC. Pretty dumb metrics for POY. Call it "best player on the best team" award then.

I realize that most leagues (pro and college) have implicit bias towards successful teams but to outright say that should be the criteria is dumb.

Bilas was on DG's radio show and said that ACC POY should & most likely will go to the best player on the best team, which would mean Jackson from UNC. Pretty dumb metrics for POY. Call it "best player on the best team" award then.

I realize that most leagues (pro and college) have implicit bias towards successful teams but to outright say that should be the criteria is dumb.

That's stupid. The best team can have 5 or 6 really good players, yet none of them even be in the top 5 of best individual players in a league. I know JC's chances would and maybe should be better if we had 3 or 4 more wins, but to say it should always go to the best player on the best team is stupid.

Jackson shouldn't sniff this award. It's should be Collins or Coulson.

Bilas does say some dumb stuff though.

As I posted 6 weeks ago and was scoffed at, if JC stayed 4 years (I know he won't) his name would be right a long Timmy's in Wake Forest lore. Heck, if he comes back next year it might be. I'm not saying he'd be every bit as good as Timmy, but he's as special of a talent I've seen at Wake since CP3. He's just that "it" that Timmy had. I'm not going to act like I had any idea he'd be doing what he's doing after watching his first game here (exhibition against UNC-Pembroke last year), but I did come away for that thinking Collins looked like he really had some talent. I think he got held back a bit last year because of playing behind Devin Thomas, but he probably also benefited from that in ways as well.

I think Collins is the best Wake Forest player since Chris Paul.

I agree. I think JC is better than Johnson, Teague and Aminu.

POINTS PPG
1. Michael Young, PITT 20.1
2. Luke Kennard, DUKE 19.8
3. John Collins, WAKE 19.3
4. Jerome Robinson, BC 19.0
5. Jamel Artis, PITT 18.9

REBOUNDS RPG
1. Bonzie Colson, ND 10.6
2. John Collins, WAKE 9.8
3. Ben Lammers, GT 9.2
4. Kennedy Meeks, UNC 9.1
5. Amile Jefferson, DUKE 8.6

BLOCKS BPG
1. Ben Lammers, GT 3.4
2. Anas Mahmoud, LOU 2.1
3. John Collins, WAKE 1.7
4. Amile Jefferson, DUKE 1.6
5. Jonathan Isaac, FSU 1.5

FIELD GOAL % FG%
1. John Collins, WAKE .619
2. Amile Jefferson, DUKE .619
3. Jaylen Johnson, LOU .602
4. Isaiah Hicks, UNC .590
5. Chris Clarke, VT .588

Hard to be much more all-around dominant than John Collins has been this year in the ACC!

POINTS PPG
1. Michael Young, PITT 20.1
2. Luke Kennard, DUKE 19.8
3. John Collins, WAKE 19.3
4. Jerome Robinson, BC 19.0
5. Jamel Artis, PITT 18.9

REBOUNDS RPG
1. Bonzie Colson, ND 10.6
2. John Collins, WAKE 9.8
3. Ben Lammers, GT 9.2
4. Kennedy Meeks, UNC 9.1
5. Amile Jefferson, DUKE 8.6

BLOCKS BPG
1. Ben Lammers, GT 3.4
2. Anas Mahmoud, LOU 2.1
3. John Collins, WAKE 1.7
4. Amile Jefferson, DUKE 1.6
5. Jonathan Isaac, FSU 1.5

FIELD GOAL % FG%
1. John Collins, WAKE .619
2. Amile Jefferson, DUKE .619
3. Jaylen Johnson, LOU .602
4. Isaiah Hicks, UNC .590
5. Chris Clarke, VT .588

Hard to be much more all-around dominant than John Collins has been this year in the ACC!

Do you have the stats for just ACC games?

Unless Kennard has a massive game against UNC or Colson does against L'ville, Collins will be the next ACC POY. With the dilution of the ACC, the votes for the award are not as focused in the State of North Carolina; so, there isn't as much of a Duke or UNC bias in the voting as in the past.

From the posted article it sounds like the award is announced on Sunday. Like that particular writer, there are probably a large % of votes that have been or will be cast before the end of the Duke/NC game tomorrow night. That should help JC"s case. The

real obstacle for him is the amount of TV exposure Wake has not rec'd this season. Although the fan base has been able to see every game on their TV, if a game is not on ESPN, ESPN2, or the U then there is a great chance it is not seen by the average

voter. I guess the good thing for JC is that he played well virtually every game in league play so if that was the only time a voter saw him play they were left w/ a good impression.

How many rebounds does Collins have to snag tomorrow for him to avg. 10 on the year?

5a75c792d86f239b50a48b8ea1349bd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back