• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

105848f3d7e7d30e3531018d54d37021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear Collins gets visibly better every game. It's kinda like when Josh Howard played.

Bonner said he didn't think Collins was going to be able to operate with Louisville's bigs and then he goes out a basically physically imposes his will on them. Some of the offensive boards were unreal.

Duncan, Howard, and Collins are the three players I can think of who seemingly gained new abilities every game. We've had other good to very good players, but those three elicited the "I didn't know he could do that" response.

Something to watch. Collins needs 41 pts, 16 reb to average 20/10 for the entire season. He could go for 81 and 36 over the next three games to do it as well. That's actually not hard to imagine.

Collins needs 21 reb tomorrow or 41 reb over the next three games to average 10 reb in ACC play. He already averages 20.7 in ACC play.

Crawford needs 7 ast to average 5 in ACC play. He needs 16 pts to maintain his average over 16 pts/game.

As far as I can tell, Collins and Crawford are the highest scoring duo we've had since Childress and Duncan.

If Collins has another strong game tomorrow, I think he's got a very good shot at ACC POY.
He's been on an unbelievable roll the past month. Nobody is playing better. He's peaking at the right time.

Collins..." I really don't pay attention to the numbers, RPI, or anything. If we win it improves our chances." Just keep winning John, just keep winning.

He makes 3rd Team All-ACC - Pinson and Hicks make 1st Team.

Back