• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

So the ACC is going to bring in new schools (Pac-12 leftovers?) which would force a new GOR and FSU and Clemson will defect to the SEC in the process?

This is what I’m told, yes. Again, I don’t know if Jack was talking out of knowledge or speculation. So again, tread lightly.

No shot of ND to ACC. They are going to attempt to remain independent but have an offer to BIG10 they would take if necessary.

So the ACC is going to bring in new schools (Pac-12 leftovers?) which would force a new GOR and FSU and Clemson will defect to the SEC in the process?
I thought the only way the GOR was renegotiated was if ND joined. I think others just sign on. Forgive my ignorance here, but isn’t the GOR simply an agreement among the ACC schools while the TV contracts are a separate document that could be renegotiated with additions? I would assume any new schools just sign onto the existing GOR.

No shot of ND to ACC. They are going to attempt to remain independent but have an offer to BIG10 they would take if necessary.

If that's the case, cut 'em loose now and let all their other teams twist in the wind finding schedules.

Business is business.

Enough already with the Mr. Nice Guy routine.

I’ve got a grade three sauce. Direct text.
“Arizona, Arizona state and Utah will
Join the big 12. Washington, oregon, Stanford and cal about to join the acc”

Quote from jack swarbrick so tread lightly. Also told FSU and Clemson are gone to SEC. Not sure if any of this is true. Just relaying the message.
I mis-read this initially and thought you said John Swofford and just started laughing, and then not understanding why people were responding to an obvious troll job. More interesting if Jack Swarbrick actually said these words.

I mis-read this initially and thought you said John Swofford and just started laughing, and then not understanding why people were responding to an obvious troll job. More interesting if Jack Swarbrick actually said these words.

And what did he say about his ND football? All-in ACC??

If not, then don't let the ACC door shutting for all his other ND teams hit him in the ass!

APC?? Atlantic Pacific Conference

Maybe that's the solution for the ACC, tap into that sweet morally questionable Chinese market.
Saudi Aramco Athletic Conference. Sovereign wealth funds are going to eventually own all sports anyway. May as well get on with it and leave the SEC and Big 10 in our oily dust.

Saudi Aramco Athletic Conference. Sovereign wealth funds are going to eventually own all sports anyway. May as well get on with it and leave the SEC and Big 10 in our oily dust.
I don't hate this. They bankroll private jets for each team to mitigate the coast-to-coast travel, each school in the league gets $500M/year, go suck it SEC.

Back