• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Congrats Deacs!

So our coach designs a pick and pop play to successfully end the first half, calls for a full court press that disrupts Furman's flow, and directs our players to continue attacking the basket the entire game yet any negative thing that happens is called out but these successful tactics don't warrant a positive comment from many of you? I think you're earning the "fringe lunatic" label.

So our coach designs a pick and pop play to successfully end the first half, calls for a full court press that disrupts Furman's flow, and directs our players to continue attacking the basket the entire game yet any negative thing that happens is called out but these successful tactics don't warrant a positive comment from many of you? I think you're earning the "fringe lunatic" label.

We were playing Furman. Furman.

We won, great, it was Furman. Now lets see if we can play against UNCG and Xavier, then I might start to actually think we have a chance.

Lol. Blind squirrel, nut, etc. There's an entire career of failure on the side of the "lunatics", yet it's the "rational" folks who want to latch onto a few successful plays against one of the worst teams we'll ever play as a sign we're moving forward.

Ok, he got something right. Congrats. There, I said something positive. Now I'll get back to my "lunatic" position of being upset that for 3 seasons now he has run our program down to historic levels, piling up historic loss after historic loss while blaming it on everyone but himself, insulting fans who bothered to care enough to even be upset, running off 8 players and handcuffing our next coach with an 8 man class (including redshirts). But hey, he called a couple nice plays that helped us beat Furman, and for once he didn't botch things, so he's got that going for him!!!

Last edited:
We were playing Furman. Furman.

We won, great, it was Furman. Now lets see if we can play against UNCG and Xavier, then I might start to actually think we have a chance.

Yup, my 7 year old should be able to draw up plays with a crayon to lead a WF team to victory over Furman. We will get pummeled by any team with at least average DI talent.

Your joking right???? He drew up a play and made some adjustments that worked against a weak opponent, get that extension written up right now Ron!!!!

Hey Deactildeath,

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...eels-like-it&p=1028586&viewfull=1#post1028586
I'm a Buzz in guy. I see young men improving, playing hard for the coaches and themselves, and after they learn how to win and close the deal in games, I don't want to see any of you backtracking one bit. If this team gets good, you don't deserve them.

I'm a Buzz out guy. I see young men being stunted (see Travis and CJ and the others Bzz has run off), failing to play hard (see lack of rebounds, transition defense, etc), and after they lose a lot more games due the void sitting on our bench and Bz is fired, I don't want to see you backtracking one bit. When the next coach makes this team good, you don't deserve them.

While maybe not with the specific venom, I am totally in with Racer. Those who claim superior fandom just because the honest folks are honest are really doing all Wake fans a disservice by branding us not as lunatics, but blind idiots.

Winning the game is fine, great for the kids who deserve to enjoy playing. But a "great win"? Really, what kind of total dumbass comment is that? We couldn't beat Seton hall or Nebraska on our home court with this coach. Please schwabber and all your friends, just stop subjecting us to this inane commentary.

Our young players have potential. Nobody disputes that. But even if we were to win half our games in what is an absolutely horrid ACC it's no measure of us being a good team with this coach. Read Dan's article again about having NO wins of any consequence under Bz. Believe me, these young players will probably get better as the season goes on just because of mother nature, but certainly not coaching. Will the team be "better"? That's the coaches job, and it's not likely. In 2 plus years there's no evidence of it. So please don't come crowing back if we somehow manage to beat BC, UVA, Clemson, GT, UNC, Miami, VT or FSU. They all suck this year and there's no denying it. We could win a game or two against that group. But we won't have a chance against Duke, MD, or NCState, none of whom are NC calibre ( forget the Dec polls). There's only one hope for us, and even in ignorance and denial you all know what it is.

Believe me, these young players will probably get better as the season goes on just because of mother nature, but certainly not coaching.

We've gotten better as the season progressed the last two seasons as well, while continuing to fall in the rankings. Easily explained: players and teams get better just because they get older and more experienced. Our team would get better just by showing up to the gym without any coaches and playing together. Unfortunately, as evidenced by falling in the rankings as the season progresses the past two years, other teams got better quicker and faster than we did. It's almost as if they had professionals helping and guiding them along the way...

Back