• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus: How's It Affecting Your Work/Income?

Coronavirus: How's it affecting your work/income

• I am working and being paid as mostly as before.

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • I am working a lot more from home with same or nearly same pay.

Votes: 41 44.6%
  • My salary/income has been or is likely to be cut but I think my work/business will survive.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • I’ve lost or expect to lose my job/my business is going under.

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Hmm...I knew I'd leave something out. Sure, some folks will do better due to this thing.

Doesn't appear I can add any options.

Hasn’t affected me yet but once this PPP money runs out I’m likely to take anywhere from a 10-20% cut. However, I had been trying to do my job remotely so I could pick up a side gig and this likely helps in the long term, assuming I live.

Second one so far, we'll see in a few weeks if it becomes the third one.

Teachers are cool until next school year. It'll be interesting to see what happens then. It's safe to say that they're won't be any pay steps or raises for the next few years for state employees though.

so far we're doing ok. our company is hella busy since our products are in heavy use right now and my wife is actually about to get promoted to her boss's role.

Input all my money into USO when knight told me to so I’m great

I put most of the extra money I was earning into USO. TURNS OUT THAT KEEPS ME AT THE OL' 1X. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Can someone do the math on how many inches of butthole stretch equates to my five digit loss figures?

Teachers are cool until next school year. It'll be interesting to see what happens then. It's safe to say that they're won't be any pay steps or raises for the next few years for state employees though.

It's 60-70 hours per week keeping mako's inheritance in tact.

First one for me so far. Seems possible I could be in 3rd category come end of the year.

My wife is in the third.

Working from home full time. Job and income are safe although bonuses are going to be obliterated this year. Not sure if they will be zero but expectation is very bad. Only time will tell I suppose.

Hope you aren't in a biz where bonuses are a huge income factor.

Not trying to start a debate, but so far I believe the results of this poll correlate with the politics.

Hope you aren't in a biz where bonuses are a huge income factor.

I got about 40% of my base for this year’s bonus. I’d say 30-50% is a pretty standard range. I’ve gotten pretty disciplined around paying my bills + 401(k) max + regular savings out of my salary and banking the bonuses. But the last 3 years have each had a huge purchase — ring, house, wedding — so was really looking forward to an opportunity to replenish the old bank account :(

need 2 more students to sign up for my summer class or I will make no money for three months.

Back