• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Duke really lose 9 of 15 players?

Well, at least it gives the Deacs another shot to beat him. I look for B-Chill to rock bottom him with the peoples elbow to follow. Last season he suplexed him over the Duke bench.

Absolutely Love Childress' passion and energy, but that was a bone headed move that could have gotten him suspended. If it was anyone other than Allen, my guess is it would have.

Agreed. I think that was dismissed as justice.

Still think that K will somehow seal the deal with a couple of the uncommitted studs left and they will be just fine.

Well, at least it gives the Deacs another shot to beat him. I look for B-Chill to rock bottom him with the peoples elbow to follow. Last season he suplexed him over the Duke bench.

That suplex was sweet. Do we have pictures or video?

I recall re-winding that a few times - LMAO.

He will summon and they will come.

Knox from Florida is no longer going to China for that 1 year $1.5 million deal. Means Duke is back in the running! [45/45 with Mizzou getting Coach Cuonzo & now Michael Porter Jr but 10% to UNC after a great visit]. Will Illinois Mr. Basketball Mark Smith get involved with Duke as a late entry? [KY & ILL & Ohio St lead]

Plus Trevan Duval at #5 to Duke most likely

Then of course Grayson Allen, Frank Jackson, Marques Bolden [back from injury], Javin DeLaurier and newbies Wendall Carter, Gary Trent Jr & Alex O'Connell Jr. They will be thin again but good!

Last year 162 players declared their intent for the draft including international players and then 91 eventually withdrew.

From a list I just looked at, 35 have declared so far this year AND hired an agent. Another 67 have declared and have not hired an agent. They have until May 24 to withdraw. Then there are 13 more international players declaring and 1 juco. That is 116 total not counting seniors who actually graduation or used up eligibility.

And all this for 14 lottery draft picks, 30 total first round picks with guaranteed money and 30 more second round picks. These guys better choose wisely!

Bunch of guys with agents are going to be disappointed when they end up in the second round or even end up undrfted.

Bunch of guys with agents are going to be disappointed when they end up in the second round or even end up undrfted.

It depends on their end game, though. Some guys who declare are doing so because they may be declared ineligible otherwise. Others do not want to play college basketball anymore for any number of reasons. Others have material hardships. Some of these guys have international passports and are virtually guaranteed to get paid to play at, at least, a somewhat high level. There are definitely guys who will make decisions that they regret. I don't think that this subset is anywhere close to the majority of those who declare, though.

ETA: You're also not quite right about second round picks. Not being tied to the rookie scale can really pay off with a couple of good seasons. There is a lot more money in being a second round pick then there used to be...

Duke loses 7 of its top 8 in minutes played from last season.

Back