• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan: Manning’s first job building "strong foundation"

Wellman came across clueless in the article bit I am impressed with what I read from coach Manning. Also impressed with the quotes from the tulsa AD explaining why their prior coach was fired. Refreshing candor and honesty.

I didn't see anything to criticize Wellman for in that article. In my eyes, he even put out an olive branch to the fan base, saying that our fans are very supportive if given a coach that can maintain the values and standards of Wake Forest. In the quote below, he seems to be admitting he didn't do that last time.

“I think our fans will really relate to him, because of the type of person that he is, and the values that he has,” Wellman said. “That will be very evident from Day 1. That’s what Wake Forest people are, they’re very supportive of people when they have those characteristics. So I have no concerns there.

Neither Wellman, nor anybody else, has adequately defined what they mean by "our values" much less in a way that unifies the entire Wake Forest community. It is also clear that there is considerable confusion, and/or disagreement, about what "our values" are, or should be. Due to the invocation of "our values" during the last few years in a rather dubious enterprise, or in a self-destructive way, the continued harping on these values remains divisive. Ron Wellman should either define "our values" in a way that satisfies the Wake Forest community and establishes a reasonable consensus, and then use the term in a consistent positive way, or he should simply stop talking about "our values."

Wellman's comments, like the man himself, are meaningless. Ignore him.

I like the fact that Manning immediately shit canned the "culture" and went with "foundation." It's about winning. And our new coach knows a lot about winning. I am very pleased with this hire.

I like the fact that Manning immediately shit canned the "culture" and went with "foundation." It's about winning. And our new coach knows a lot about winning. I am very pleased with this hire.

So am I, Dirk. We may not be great for the next couple of years, but at least there's room for optimism -- something that has been ABSENT for the last 4 years. I look forward to watching Manning mold the team from the perspective of a winner.

So am I, Dirk. We may not be great for the next couple of years, but at least there's room for optimism -- something that has been ABSENT for the last 4 years. I look forward to watching Manning mold the team from the perspective of a winner.

Hear, hear ...

I like the comment about the billboard. I do wish he had specified that the "Welcome" billboard was done by the same group responsible for the other billboards.

Neither Wellman, nor anybody else, has adequately defined what they mean by "our values" much less in a way that unifies the entire Wake Forest community. It is also clear that there is considerable confusion, and/or disagreement, about what "our values" are, or should be. Due to the invocation of "our values" during the last few years in a rather dubious enterprise, or in a self-destructive way, the continued harping on these values remains divisive. Ron Wellman should either define "our values" in a way that satisfies the Wake Forest community and establishes a reasonable consensus, and then use the term in a consistent positive way, or he should simply stop talking about "our values."

"Our Values"=Wellman's values

Our values have been set in stone for a long time and need no definition - "Pro Humanitate".

Thought the same thing. If only the Premier had been that honest.

Just FYI that same AD was later shitcanned for being involved in a gambling ring and repeatedly lying about it to his school president. There are no virgins in college sports, I guess.

Just FYI that same AD was later shitcanned for being involved in a gambling ring and repeatedly lying about it to his school president. There are no virgins in college sports, I guess.

Ok? I'm not endorsing the guy as a model of what an AD should be, but I respect his comments on the coaching change in light of the bullshit we've been fed the last few years.

Back