• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 116: Is That A Margarita Runnin Down Your Leg Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Bears thanks for the long ago Four Roses Single Barrel rec. Wish I could afford it more often but that is a damn fine bourbon at that price. So much better than Woodford or Knob Creek.

My cousin in law's brother was killed in a motorcycle crash on I-40 last night. He was 28 and left behind a wife who was a stay at home mom and three children.

on trial or potential jurors?

Potential jurors. There are people with fast food cups talking about popular culture. The OGBroads would just be cringing. Some of these people are fat. I've seen PLEATED PANTS. I bet these people think BONEFISH is good food. dkn would just immediate throw up all over this room. I bet this old guy next to me doesn't even know what QUINOA is!

that nfl commercial with the quinoa burger SLAYED me

Potential jurors. There are people with fast food cups talking about popular culture. The OGBroads would just be cringing. Some of these people are fat. I've seen PLEATED PANTS. I bet these people think BONEFISH is good food. dkn would just immediate throw up all over this room. I bet this old guy next to me doesn't even know what QUINOA is!

I bet they know all about Alan Thicke's kid.

Make sure you take a really hot shower and wash with lye soap to get all of the poor off of you when you get home. So effing gross.

OMG it is 8 on a monday and I am hungover as shit. what hav ei done.

Yo Bears thanks for the long ago Four Roses Single Barrel rec. Wish I could afford it more often but that is a damn fine bourbon at that price. So much better than Woodford or Knob Creek.

Definitely one of my favorites for an off the shelf bottle. Four Roses is probably my favorite distillery right now, especially when you add in their specialty releases, barrel program and gift shop bottles. Some truly outstanding stuff.

who here actually does eat organic vegetables?

I know I'll get a lot of shit for talking about a coworker but whatever. I was out Friday and got an email from a coworker who needed something printed on larger paper than legal size. emailed back this morning and she still needs it. HOW CAN SHE NOT FIGURE THIS OUT?!
bangheadonwall.gif
I realize I'm just enabling her by doing this too, which is so not my job (um she has an assistant), but it is not worth trying to teach her.

who here actually does eat organic vegetables?

I know I'll get a lot of shit for talking about a coworker but whatever. I was out Friday and got an email from a coworker who needed something printed on larger paper than legal size. emailed back this morning and she still needs it. HOW CAN SHE NOT FIGURE THIS OUT?!
bangheadonwall.gif
I realize I'm just enabling her by doing this too, which is so not my job (um she has an assistant), but it is not worth trying to teach her.

I won't get on my organic soap box. I do eat some "organic" vegetables. However, if you talk to farmers and people (especially agriculture professors) who deal with this sort of thing, there is not truly organic vegetables. Organic is a term that's been created by the industry and isn't 100% accurate.

First, most of the seeds used to grow all vegetables, including organic, have gone through some genetic process. Due to this, when becoming a certified organic product, this is not considered.

Second, many farmers cannot go through the process to become certified organic. They don't grow enough, don't want to spend the money, and the process is extremely long. It is highly likely that you could be eating vegetables and fruit that fit the organic definition, especially if they are from local farms, but the farmer never went through the certification process.

Well duh "organic" is a bullshit terminology, all veggies are carbon based life forms. My pops rails on this point.

Local >>>>>>> organic anyway while we're labeling food.

Well duh "organic" is a bullshit terminology, all veggies are carbon based life forms. My pops rails on this point.

Yep. I have a love/hate relationship with the term organic.

I really love it when people say their food is "chemical-free".....hahahaha, no.

You can't even avoid chemicals if you grow your own stuff these days with soil/groundwater contamination, acid rain, and the chlorination of our water system. Even with our own composted stuff, tenth generation seeds, and no chemical fertilizers, it's still not possible to have 100% chemical-free stuff these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back