• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 116: Is That A Margarita Runnin Down Your Leg Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
michael-scott-no.gif

lol my mom just sent me a text of someone's email address as name@placeofbusiness dot com because "your phone probably has the dot sign but mine doesn't." She's such a technology DONK.

lol my mom just sent me a text of someone's email address as name@placeofbusiness dot com because "your phone probably has the dot sign but mine doesn't." She's such a technology DONK.

My mom texts me the most random sports/tv thoughts. Here are a few. I don't want to [sic] the thing to death so just know all her typos are belong to her.

"I 4 1 do not like or trust Ervin Meyer."
"I still think Johnny Monzel is a loser no matter how good he is."
"I'm sure tigers going 2 beat sirgeo but it's cool seing his name on the leader board. I thought he'd dropped of the plane."
(at the end of a long ass text filled with questions) "Dumbfest question I have, just bcause I watch heat of the might with Mom, is Carool O'conner dead?"

at least your mom knows how to text! my dad sent me one text once. he couldn't figure out what the space bar button was (this was before he had an iphone), so all of the words were just in one long string. and then he called me 5 minutes later to see if i had gotten it. :rulz:

Long story short, my mom was in a bad car accident 30 years ago and just struggles with certain things. Not sure how else to put it. I love her to death tho. I kid because I care.

Boring question alert:

So I mentioned to my dad in an email that plugging my surge protector into a plug adaptor so I could put a 3 prong grounded plug into an old 2 prong ungrounded outlet probably wasn't the best idea.

He sent me a link to a site talking about all sorts of fancy surge protectors and things one can buy to control their electricity.

What kind of surge protectors do you use? Mine are old inexpensive power strips that are probably not much more than extension cords. I do think I should get some electrical work done to convert my plugs into the updated grounded ones, but I don't feel like my electronics are fancy enough to merit high-end surge protection.

Recently I had a missed call from my grandma so when I called back I apologized for not seeing her call. She said, "Oh, was that a phone call? I thought I had texted you."

If your mom does join the boards, she should join as "bmoneydeac's dad's toy."

If your mom does join the boards, she should join as "bmoneydeac's dad's toy."

They are recently separated JERK.

She'd probably be all about the boards if she knew how to work a computer. By work, I mean turn on.

They are recently separated JERK.

She'd probably be all about the boards if she knew how to work a computer. By work, I mean turn on.

Ouch. Okay, in that case let's sign her up as Burt Reynolds. This can be her aviator:

thumbs_young-burt-reynolds-pearl-snap.jpg

DUDE. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? get that eyeball ish out of here!

back on topic - i don't think my dad has ever texted. after ~5 years, mom is finally proficient.

yeah how about never happens again.

so - back to my surge protector question? do I need to buy really expensive ones? I guess when I preface with it being boring, nobody reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back