• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 135 - God Bless America and No One Else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide what to get for lunch today. In what is probably a bad move for my waistline, I am likely going to be buying lunch every day this week (since my birthday is on Thursday and since we were out of town all weekend and didn't get to the grocery store...#treatyoself).

Cosi, Panera, Potbelly, CF Folks, Julia's Empanadas, Subway, Nooshi, Sophie's Cuban, G Street Foods, Chipotle, Qdoba, Bub and Pops, Sala Thai, Taylor Gourmet, Au Bon Pain, Pret a Manger, Shophouse, Chop't, Orange & Black, BGR, Sweet Green, GBD, Luna Grill, Nando's, Pei Wei, Shake Shack, etc etc...

Too many options!

sushi taro ramen! a little expensive but I feel like splurging today

Today's Lunch Special:
Gyokai Tsuke men 魚介付け面 RAMEN with dipping sauce of pork & seafood broth with lobster in it !! $14.95

102 Jams set off the fire alarm in my building a half an hour ago with a popcorn machine. No one was moving in the stairwell, I was super tempted to shout that my water broke (the sound was killing me)

Walked out of my place yesterday morning to find a mini-pile up down the street. Looks like an old school Mercedes has come around the curve too quickly and taken out the back end of the Jeep Cherokee parked in the street. The front end of the Mercedes was bashed in, airbags deployed, the back end of the Jeep was pretty messed up, and the car in front of the Jeep had some damage too.

It's a pretty crazy intersection apparently: http://www.popville.com/2014/01/car-flips-in-logan-circle/

Thank goodness for garage parking.

yeah we now have a parking space behind an apt. building. when my car was hit it was next to the garage entrance to a building, so I think the person was pulling out and misjudged it.

Can't decide what to get for lunch today. In what is probably a bad move for my waistline, I am likely going to be buying lunch every day this week (since my birthday is on Thursday and since we were out of town all weekend and didn't get to the grocery store...#treatyoself).

Cosi, Panera, Potbelly, CF Folks, Julia's Empanadas, Subway, Nooshi, Sophie's Cuban, G Street Foods, Chipotle, Qdoba, Bub and Pops, Sala Thai, Taylor Gourmet, Au Bon Pain, Pret a Manger, Shophouse, Chop't, Orange & Black, BGR, Sweet Green, GBD, Luna Grill, Nando's, Pei Wei, Shake Shack, etc etc...

Too many options!

Does Sophie's Cuban make TAMPA CUBAN sammies? If yes, then that gets my bote. I could really go for a TAMPA CUBAN now.

Last time I was in the Windy City, my sister's boyfriend was giving me pointers about driving in Chicago.

-If there's enough room for a car to fit, it's a lane. Especially true during the winter.
-If you leave excessive space when you parallel park, you're an asshole. And tapping bumpers while parking is a common, normal occurrence.

they are bumpers, for bumping. I try not to tap when paralleling but it happens and not just because I'm a woman and therefore somehow a bad driver.

Last time I was in the Windy City, my sister's boyfriend was giving me pointers about driving in Chicago.

-If there's enough room for a car to fit, it's a lane. Especially true during the winter.

-If you leave excessive space when you parallel park, you're an asshole. And tapping bumpers while parking is a common, normal occurrence.

this is what I hate about my street. it's narrow as hell but 2-way. the other streets parallel to it are one-way in either direction and just as narrow. no way my street should be 2-way.

I'd like to sell everything and open up a vegan hot dog cart in Berlin, the capital of veganism in Europe. I wonder if Germany would let me into the country to do such a thing.

Berlin is awesome. I had some of the best sushi I've ever had there, and it's where the doner kebab was allegedly invented so tons of great ones there.

this is what I hate about my street. it's narrow as hell but 2-way. the other streets parallel to it are one-way in either direction and just as narrow. no way my street should be 2-way.

Yeah, our street is super narrow too. And particularly our block because there are always cars parked on both sides (not always the case a couple blocks away). So if a car is coming down you pretty much have to pull over to let them through before you start through. Sucks.

Yeah, our street is super narrow too. And particularly our block because there are always cars parked on both sides (not always the case a couple blocks away). So if a car is coming down you pretty much have to pull over to let them through before you start through. Sucks.

that's exactly ours

Berlin is awesome. I had some of the best sushi I've ever had there, and it's where the doner kebab was allegedly invented so tons of great ones there.

Yeah, tons of Turkish street vendors selling kebabs. Given all the underserved vegans figure hot dogs would make a killing.

ours is just wide enough, but people act like it isn't and it angers me when they don't realize that they're driving three feet away from the cars on the right side and can get way closer. It doesn't help/hurt that it's also a fairly busy bus route. Newcomers freak out when they have their first faceoff with a bus, its kind of amusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back