• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 135 - God Bless America and No One Else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Sophie's Cuban make TAMPA CUBAN sammies? If yes, then that gets my bote. I could really go for a TAMPA CUBAN now.

Think I might try Sophie's Cuban today. The question remains whether I get a sandwich or something like Ropa Vieja with plantains and rice. Hmmm.

Think I might try Sophie's Cuban today. The question remains whether I get a sandwich or something like Ropa Vieja with plantains and rice. Hmmm.

been tempted to try them but every time I'm over there I hit up Bub and Pops, Greek Deli (who I noticed you left off your list) or the NO Po'boy shop (RIP?)

YO SAY HEY, John Adams had a dog named SATAN.

http://www.pawnation.com/2013/07/03/dogs-and-the-american-revolutionary-war/8

No evidence exists to suggest how Satan achieved his moniker, but whether it was because he was a particularly rambunctious dog, or because John Adams was just completely heavy metal way before such a thing existed, it’s certainly the coolest name among presidents’ pets, and that’s including George Washington’s dog named Drunkard

been tempted to try them but every time I'm over there I hit up Bub and Pops, Greek Deli (who I noticed you left off your list) or the NO Po'boy shop (RIP?)

Yeah, I should've put Greek Deli on. If I can't make it there by like 11:45, I tend to not think about it because I don't want to wait in line.

Po Boy shop would've fo sho been on the list if it was still around. RIP indeed.

Went to Bub and Pop's once and it was ok, but wasn't blown away. Maybe I should give it another shot. Recommendations? I think I had The Real Obama.

Yeah, I should've put Greek Deli on. If I can't make it there by like 11:45, I tend to not think about it because I don't want to wait in line.

Po Boy shop would've fo sho been on the list if it was still around. RIP indeed.

Went to Bub and Pop's once and it was ok, but wasn't blown away. Maybe I should give it another shot. Recommendations? I think I had The Real Obama.

chicken parm and the bolognese sub are my go-tos. I've heard good things about the roast pork.

nomnomnom

I just started a little "diet" reset because I haven't been eating very cleanly lately, so lunches end up kind of boring for me. Ropa Vieja sounds delicious.

I ate fairly cleanly this weekend, but it was just lots of heavy, rich food. All I want is salad right now.

My cousins in PA found a purebred Vizsla puppy out in the snow the other day and have had no luck finding the owner. It being a purebred seems like someone out there should definitely be looking for it, I would think!

I would looooove a Vizsla.

That said, they should reaalllly cast wide nets with where they're looking for the owner - those things can RUN. Places 15-20 mi away wouldn't be a stretch at all.

I ate fairly cleanly this weekend, but it was just lots of heavy, rich food. All I want is salad right now.

The last couple of weeks have not been good; lots of booze, rich foods, eating out, etc. I feel better already after just a couple of days of consciously cleaning up how I eat.

The last couple of weeks have not been good; lots of booze, rich foods, eating out, etc. I feel better already after just a couple of days of consciously cleaning up how I eat.

Yeah. So much alcohol this weekend, and never in an out-of-control way, but Saturday was mimosas with breakfast, three beers at various breweries, a few tastings of liquor at a distillery, and then champagne/wine/wine before/during/during dinner, and a nightcap of makers. All of that was with tons of rich food. I usually have a beer a night ... and that was ~10 drinks in one day?
I seriously think I gained 5 lbs this weekend.

I'd do it again, but I am definitely feeling it.

chicken parm and the bolognese sub are my go-tos. I've heard good things about the roast pork.

That bolognese sub sounds good by messsssy! Bolognese Parmesan: Rustic tomato and meat ragout, (meatballs, pork belly and brisket), arugula, caramelized onion, aged provolone, mozzarella, and pecorino romano

nomnomnom

I just started a little "diet" reset because I haven't been eating very cleanly lately, so lunches end up kind of boring for me. Ropa Vieja sounds delicious.

It's pretty tasty. Little moro rice. Some fried plantains. Spicy green sauce and garlic sauce. Nom nom nom.

Next week the "good" eating is back on! Last week or the week before I made way more of an effort than normal and I think I lost like 3 lbs. I just need to get this willpower back.

Yeah. So much alcohol this weekend, and never in an out-of-control way, but Saturday was mimosas with breakfast, three beers at various breweries, a few tastings of liquor at a distillery, and then champagne/wine/wine before/during/during dinner, and a nightcap of makers. All of that was with tons of rich food. I usually have a beer a night ... and that was ~10 drinks in one day?
I seriously think I gained 5 lbs this weekend.

I'd do it again, but I am definitely feeling it.

Aaah, Bend. Sounds like such an awesome place; hopefully I can make it out there this year.

You should really try.

Everyone should, actually.

You should really try.

Everyone should, actually.

I'm hopeful. We're meeting my parents in Seattle for a cruise and Mrs. LCD has a work event either just before or just after the cruise. The idea is to head to Bend for a couple of days (beer, DMB, golf) and then pop over to Seattle to catch the boat. Hopefully we make it work.

I'm hopeful. We're meeting my parents in Seattle for a cruise and Mrs. LCD has a work event either just before or just after the cruise. The idea is to head to Bend for a couple of days (beer, DMB, golf) and then pop over to Seattle to catch the boat. Hopefully we make it work.

Nice! We're looking at the DMB show as a possibility, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back