• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 184: The Vomitorium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the 30th anniversary of the Challenger Explosion......and the night my first dog, Rambo, was run over and killed. It was the worst day in my 5 years of life. I remember my mom telling me it was ok to cry over losing Rambo, but tough 5 year old tsy proudly said I was crying over the astronauts.

Dang. I was eating donuts at Heroes Aren't Hard To Find Comic Book store with my brother. I had the day off school and we had walked down to The Lighthouse on Burke and then to Heroes, where he hung out a lot.

Got some tickets with a couple buddies for round of 32 games in Providence in the NCAAT. Maybe see an ACC team up here. Also doing the ACCT the week before though so I may be ACC'd out (just kidding, not possible).

It's currently being farmed as cattle land by his uncles. We've long discussed what we will do with it next. For years he's wanted to start a vineyard there; however, that is costly and requires a lot of maintenance. We've discussed canola but its not really a cash crop. My uncle has glaucoma, which is how I came up with the marijuana idea. Plus several large companies are currently studying it waiting on it to become legal. You'll see fields pop up like you used to see with tobacco. The hops is probably the most feasible. I know two hops growers and they can't grow enough to meet the demand.

I think indoor grow houses are pretty vastly superior to farmland when it comes to growing cannabis as a crop.

Today is the 30th anniversary of the Challenger Explosion......and the night my first dog, Rambo, was run over and killed. It was the worst day in my 5 years of life. I remember my mom telling me it was ok to cry over losing Rambo, but tough 5 year old tsy proudly said I was crying over the astronauts.

I think you are two days early. My cousin was born that day and I grew up a couple towns from Christa McAuliffe's hometown so they made a big deal about studying it in 5th grade, so the date of the 28th is engrained in my head. Sorry you'll have to re-live it again in two days!

I think you are two days early. My cousin was born that day and I grew up a couple towns from Christa McAuliffe's hometown so they made a big deal about studying it in 5th grade, so the date of the 28th is engrained in my head. Sorry you'll have to re-live it again in two days!

You are correct. A friend posted on FB that today was the day, and I didnt fact check.

More tsy Lies. Got me feeling all emotional for a second about donuts and Heroes Comics.

Salt Life

soccer2.jpg

Did you really understand what had happened re: Challenger when you were five? I can't imagine what it was like to process that.

Who gets back to school first - Piedmont kids or DC kids?

Did you really understand what had happened re: Challenger when you were five? I can't imagine what it was like to process that.

Probably not. I mostly just remember watching the explosion on tv in the media center in elementary school since the teacher was going up there with them, and all of the teachers and older kids were pretty emotional about it.

The redneck kids in my school loved them some Big Johnson shirts. Also those college hats that were like FU (for Furman), COCKS (for South Carolina), and Morehead State.

Is there anything wrong with a refurbished Lenovo? My current system is from 2012 and runs really slow (4GB Ram, 256GB storage, 1.9Ghz)

Seems like I could get a nicer refurbished Lenovo for around $300. All I want is to run Office, Quicken, and Netflix.

Is there anything wrong with a refurbished Lenovo? My current system is from 2012 and runs really slow (4GB Ram, 256GB storage, 1.9Ghz)

Seems like I could get a nicer refurbished Lenovo for around $300. All I want is to run Office, Quicken, and Netflix.

I mean it's probably going to work like any refurbished item, right?

$300 seems low though - where are you buying it from?

I'm seeing it on Best Buy. Basically anything I get will be nicer than what I have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back