• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 192: Chat Rules Everything Around Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so tired last night. Woke up at 3:30. Fell back asleep around 4. My alarm went off at 5:40 and I fell back asleep. Woke up at 6:20. I never fall asleep after my alarm goes off.

yeah, i think this past weekend is still catching up with me as far as my body saying "give me rest!"

right, because what else do you do on those holidays. it's not like i'm asking someone to celebrate me instead of AMERICA.

I go to the beach, surf fish, drink beer, play golf. In fact, that's what I'm going to do this weekend.

I was planning on coming to your wedding though.

I went for a short jog yesterday, passed out on my couch at 8-ish, woke up at 11:30, fucked around for an hour and then passed out for real in bed. It was weird. I was DEAD at 8 oclock too, like there was nothing else I wanted other than sleep.

I went to the eye doctor today for the first time in at least 3 years. They were impressed with how good my vision is. I'm not sure what they saw as I think my vision has declined recently, but :noidea:

I went for a short jog yesterday, passed out on my couch at 8-ish, woke up at 11:30, fucked around for an hour and then passed out for real in bed. It was weird. I was DEAD at 8 oclock too, like there was nothing else I wanted other than sleep.

It's so interesting how your body can be totally fine pushing through tiredness sometimes, but then there are other nights (like last night) where you just hit an absolute wall.

Got back on the tinder/bumble train briefly a couple of weekends ago, almost immediately saw the Cary woman I had sort of been seeing months ago and was all, nahhhh, gonna delete. Activated again just a couple days ago -- see Cary woman again almost immediately, THEN see serious ex of mine right after (WTF, she was just in Europe with a dude like a month ago). Swiped right on both. Fuck it, let's eat some tacos and drink some champagne -- maybe make out.

What book are you gonna bring when you meet up with these fine honeys? What tone are you gonna set?

What book are you gonna bring when you meet up with these fine honeys? What tone are you gonna set?

Gonna come at them with a little early John Barth, followed by Herman Hesse, followed by a hot 60s college-life counter-culture Richard Fariña fire. Depending on how they react and what tunes they are into (and if their previous 12 year relationship's last name wasn't the same, like serious ex's serious boyfriend before me), I might mention I slaved through that 700 page Elvis Costello memoir.

Last edited:
CT 192: Bow Down to a Chat Thread that's Greater Than You

1. Find Ripe Tomato.
2. Make Pizza
3. Split Pizza
4. Tell CT deets

our new corporate overlords are officially ending our pension (I knew it was going to happen but still, pout. :tear: )

Brought lunch today. Psyched for this keenwah and chikin. and sugar snap peas. and banana.

our wedding was going to be on labor day weekend... my number on the 'fucks given' scale was pretty low if anyone said anything about it. "oooh, i'm soooo sorry you have to come to asheville and attend a sweet party on your long weekend.... not."

great news for those people, though! they got their weekend back.

I feel like, as far as wedding holidays go, Labor or Memorial are solid choices. I wouldn't begrudge anyone for those.

Agreed. Both little more than excuses for a three-day weekend. But the 4th of July is to celebrate MURICA, not your selfish PDA.

Gonna come at them with a little early John Barth, followed by Herman Hesse, followed by a hot 60s college-life counter-culture Richard Fariña fire. Depending on how they react and what tunes they are into (and if their previous 12 year relationship's last name wasn't the same, like serious ex's serious boyfriend before me), I might mention I slaved through that 700 page Elvis Costello memoir.

ALSO, an Annie Dillard essay collection for my fellow feminists and that Truffaut interview with Hitchcock for any cinephile hipster types. I think I have this shit on lockdown, but will probably just delete the app after a couple of days.

you grandfathered tho?

all contributions will cease. still waiting to find out what we get to do with the $$$ already in my pension. don't know if it'll keep being managed in the same place or if we'll roll it into our 401ks or something.

all contributions will cease. still waiting to find out what we get to do with the $$$ already in my pension. don't know if it'll keep being managed in the same place or if we'll roll it into our 401ks or something.

Damn, how long have you been there? I keep waiting for our legislature to fuck up my pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back