• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 192: Chat Rules Everything Around Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to have a kid the chances of him/her having a very Irish name is high to quite high.

Though I guess so does P

yep, they are all bird names (Phoebe too), that was a heavy consideration for her name. I guess maybe we could have named the boys Hawk and Martin...

My wife has aunts (by marriage) who is named Urlene and who has sisters named Shirlene, Lurlene and Madelene. I'm hoping those don't make a comeback. The hipster chick who cuts my hair named her daughter Irene, which I like.

I like Madeline, not sure I've seen Madelene. That rhyming sister bunch is pretty rough.

Phoebe is a bird?

images

Makes sense. Hey... By any chance do you know the street he grew up on and his favorite pet?

shoot, you know what? no. i don't.

...today's goal: learn his stripper name.

The story I was always told is that my great uncle was about a year old before he had a name. My 3 year old grandfather took to calling the baby "Jeeter" and my great-grandparents, having had no other stroke of inspiration, decided that name would be good enough and made it official. My great uncle later insisted folks call him "Jay", but as an adult he nicknamed every family member and never cared to know or remember the person's given name. My dad was "Buck", my mom was "Flossie", my brother was "Oscar" and I was "Jabbo".

Incidentally, my grandfather was named Tullious, so it's not like Jeeter was that bad by comparison. I guess that's what turn-of-the-century rural Alabama does to some folks.

So how's Eunice doing?

I have a great aunt Eunice!
My grandma and her siblings had the best names - Undine (Deenie), Edouarda (Edgie), Elizabeth (Libba), and Harvey.
Lots of Helen/Mary/Elizabeths in there, too.

Last edited:
My preferences were D'Brickashaw for a boy and L'Brickashaw for a girl. My negotiating leverage was not very strong, however.

I have a great aunt Eunice!
My grandma and her siblings had the best names - Undine, Edouarda, Robley, and Harvey.
Lots of Helen/Mary/Elizabeths in there, too.

I also have a Great Aunt Eunice. Weird, maybe we're related ;)

Timely since we've been talking names and thinking we should just pick something already. Basically 99% sure I know what it's going to be but just have been dragging our feet.

The story I was always told is that my great uncle was about a year old before he had a name. My 3 year old grandfather took to calling the baby "Jeeter" and my great-grandparents, having had no other stroke of inspiration, decided that name would be good enough and made it official. My great uncle later insisted folks call him "Jay", but as an adult he nicknamed every family member and never cared to know or remember the person's given name. My dad was "Buck", my mom was "Flossie", my brother was "Oscar" and I was "Jabbo".

Incidentally, my grandfather was named Tullious, so it's not like Jeeter was that bad by comparison. I guess that's what turn-of-the-century rural Alabama does to some folks.

Those are kind of awesome names. Tullious and Jeeter? :rock:

Timely since we've been talking names and thinking we should just pick something already. Basically 99% sure I know what it's going to be but just have been dragging our feet.

we didnt pick the name until nearly 2 days after ITCBaby was born

it was 430am and we hadn't slept more than 20 min for about 36 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back