• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were going to Hawaii for work again and staying on Oahu but then extending your trip for 5 days what other island would you go to?
Depends what you're looking for. Definitely agree with Kauai for adventure - Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, river/jungle/waterfall tours, and still some pretty good beaches.

If you want to just chill, but still also have plenty of options to explore, then Maui, specifically the Wailea area.

Depends what you're looking for. Definitely agree with Kauai for adventure - Na Pali Coast, Waimea Canyon, river/jungle/waterfall tours, and still some pretty good beaches.

If you want to just chill, but still also have plenty of options to explore, then Maui, specifically the Wailea area.
Right Na Pali coast. Ka'anapali is in Maui and it's just fancy resorts. Na Pali coast is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I hiked the trail out to Kalalau Valley in 2001 and it was amazing. 22 mile round trip in 3 days. Wild to be hiking along the cliff edge and look down to the ocean below and see mother and calf humpback whales swimming in the waves. Would love to go back and do it again some day.

arcades mostly suck now. every time i take my kids to one it's 99% just stupid games of chance to win tickets and a few racing sims.

Right Na Pali coast. Ka'anapali is in Maui and it's just fancy resorts. Na Pali coast is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I hiked the trail out to Kalalau Valley in 2001 and it was amazing. 22 mile round trip in 3 days. Wild to be hiking along the cliff edge and look down to the ocean below and see mother and calf humpback whales swimming in the waves. Would love to go back and do it again some day.
Wow, that's awesome. We took a small boat and viewed it from the sea. Had a school of ~2,000 spinner dolphins surrounding us for much of the time. Good snorkeling available and crazy sea caves, remote beaches, etc. Agree that it's in my top 3, possibly top 1, of most beautiful places on earth.

The hike looks intense, and you have to have special permitting far in advance these days.

arcades mostly suck now. every time i take my kids to one it's 99% just stupid games of chance to win tickets and a few racing sims.
Yep. My first thought is still, "Oh cool! An arcade!" And then I remember they suck.

Yep. My first thought is still, "Oh cool! An arcade!" And then I remember they suck.
Yeah, the best bet is to find a barcade that caters to nostalgia for elder milinnials and Gen Xers and go before the evening when they don't allow kids.

The one near us has a lot of machines - lined up by decade/theme, a wall of pinball, and also an old original Nintendo set up with a screen that folks can play for free. Plus free popcorn. Makes for a good afternoon with the kids.

Yeah, the best bet is to find a barcade that caters to nostalgia for elder milinnials and Gen Xers and go before the evening when they don't allow kids.

The one near us has a lot of machines - lined up by decade/theme, a wall of pinball, and also an old original Nintendo set up with a screen that folks can play for free. Plus free popcorn. Makes for a good afternoon with the kids.
yeah Asheville has the Retrorcade which you pay a flat fee and get unlimited use of a bunch of old video game cabinets, pinball, skeeball, DDR, air hockey, etc. It's great.

Idk, man. I love playing those stupid games with my kids and then seeing how happy they are when they redeem the tickets. Plus my wife and I are elite at the hit the clowns with balls game and the light up ping pong games. Fully admit I'm not playing games that don't give tix though.

Idk, man. I love playing those stupid games with my kids and then seeing how happy they are when they redeem the tickets. Plus my wife and I are elite at the hit the clowns with balls game and the light up ping pong games. Fully admit I'm not playing games that don't give tix though.
im not talking the skeeball/clown toss physical game, im talking like "push the quarter over the edge" or claw machines or " price is right wheel of ticket amounts"

Na Pali coast sounds awesome, but if you want an easier (both logistically and in hiking difficulty), the Kalalau Trail is also awesome. Moderate difficulty and amazing sights. Go to Hanalei Beach and you might see a double rainbow.

Although, I heard they're really xenophobic, so be careful. Probably should boycott.
it's definitely a bit weird to be told we aren't going to serve your kind, which happened as soon as we went out to the countryside.

My wife's bday falls on Mother's Day this year, so she is going to be inundated with cards. I probably could have gotten away with just one card for each, but I played it safe instead and everyone got a card to give to her.

Na Pali coast sounds awesome, but if you want an easier (both logistically and in hiking difficulty), the Kalalau Trail is also awesome. Moderate difficulty and amazing sights. Go to Hanalei Beach and you might see a double rainbow.
Kalalau trail is quite literally the trail that accesses the Na Pali coast. 22 miles round trip (11 each way) with required permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back