• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
hlukkrllwvpb2qhmcf7s.gif

Just bought a Mother's Day card for my wife and it was 8 bucks! and not even one of the "fancy" cards in the one section. I didn't look at price but assumed it was $4-5.

I’m on team anti-card at this point. I don’t really buy them anymore bc they’re expensive like that for no reason and in our house we put them on the mantle for like a week and then sweep em into recycling.

I’m on team anti-card at this point. I don’t really buy them anymore bc they’re expensive like that for no reason and in our house we put them on the mantle for like a week and then sweep em into recycling.
yeah I usually don't but this one is for an IOU spa day. I was going to book it for her per her request last year for the next Mother's Day but we're putting it off until I get a job. I got her a couple of East Fork bowls, though.

also hard to find a Mother's Day card that's from a father of a young kid. Most are geared toward older children for their mom or like first year moms. Basically saying we both appreciate you.

watching an ep of the first Top Chef All Stars season and the guest judges are Paula Deen and John Besh, both now canceled. And, of course, Mike Isabella is the runner-up and he's canceled as well.

Outside of a few weird texts, I haven't spoken to my mom since she screamed at me that I was a bad father over the phone in January, so what do you all think I should do for Mother's day? Ignore it? Send a text message? 1800-Flowers?

wife just sent me a pic of some giant chunks of hail falling at her school. hope the car's ok!

Outside of a few weird texts, I haven't spoken to my mom since she screamed at me that I was a bad father over the phone in January, so what do you all think I should do for Mother's day? Ignore it? Send a text message? 1800-Flowers?
Send her an advertisement for death planning services?

Send the card. You make an effort, you acknowledge the relationship and leave open the door for reconciliation. You dont need to go overboard, but you just say, wishing you a happy mother's day and hope that you are well. Its much easier to try and resolve these issues now than when she is gone. Unresolved parental issues when they are no longer around can be bear to deal with.

My MiL has now complained for a third time to my wife about our daughter's graduation time at the LJVM. "8 AM is too early, we usually sleep in until 9 and we don't get around to well". They live fucking 10/15 minutes away from the Joel and are making excuses, but they'll drive 3 fucking hours to some shithole town in TN to visit some fucking clothing store my MiL has a hard on for. Like what the actual fuck?!?

So last night at the company baseball outing. I chose to purchase an overstuffed tri tip sandwich with chimichurri sauce. When I sat down at my seat, I realized first, that I had not gotten any napkins, and secondly, there was no way that I could consume said sandwich in a professional manner. So, I decided to just get into it, and finish it quickly to minimize the publicity of my mistake and to not extend the ordeal. Today at the office however, I can't help but feel like I am viewed differently by my colleagues, that I am seen more as Kevin Malone type figure. Maybe it was that I wore shorts, or that I am a decade older than many of the attendees, but I cant help but feel that my esteem has been lowered in many of their eyes.
You wore shorts to a company event? SMH

I was copied on a notice about an employee leaving for another job and the opening line was, "It is with mixed emotions that I am letting everyone know..."

I was like, "daaaaaamn". Doesn't sound like those emotions were too mixed.

Send the card. You make an effort, you acknowledge the relationship and leave open the door for reconciliation. You dont need to go overboard, but you just say, wishing you a happy mother's day and hope that you are well. Its much easier to try and resolve these issues now than when she is gone. Unresolved parental issues when they are no longer around can be bear to deal with.
As someone who has lived far too long with unreconciled relationships…I give this a Superlike

Well, this is the adult way to handle it, obviously.

My MiL has now complained for a third time to my wife about our daughter's graduation time at the LJVM. "8 AM is too early, we usually sleep in until 9 and we don't get around to well". They live fucking 10/15 minutes away from the Joel and are making excuses, but they'll drive 3 fucking hours to some shithole town in TN to visit some fucking clothing store my MiL has a hard on for. Like what the actual fuck?!?
oh wow she has to make the big sacrifice of getting up slightly early for a one-time event.

I don't understand why you won't just call the school and ask them to start at 9? You guys are so selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back