• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - holiday planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my favorite place on the Hill was Tunnicliff’s Tavern. No notable food specials but their food was really solid. Loved the Reuben, wings, and burgers. Also loved Prego Deli and Tortilla Cafe where they showed their DDD ep on a loop.

I used to go to the Post Pub a lot by myself, imagining that investigative journalism was happening all around me

I think my favorite place on the Hill was Tunnicliff’s Tavern. No notable food specials but their food was really solid. Loved the Reuben, wings, and burgers. Also loved Prego Deli and Tortilla Cafe where they showed their DDD ep on a loop.
Ah yea in Barracks Row. My old roommate loved that spot too. He always raved about the chicken tenders and mozz sticks.

I used to go to the Post Pub a lot by myself, imagining that investigative journalism was happening all around me
Lol I used to visit and a particularly pretentious colleague would tell me Old Ebbit’s was where all the big deals got done

Ah yea in Barracks Row. My old roommate loved that spot too. He always raved about the chicken tenders and mozz sticks.
Yeah adjacent to Eastern Market. My second place on the Hill where I lived 2010-13 was just a couple blocks walk. My then gf now wife loved the tenders and super grilled cheese. A lot of the food was identical to Stoney’s on P St and when you’d ask em if they were related they’d quickly change the subject.

Argonaut was still there through like 2016, I think?

I know that bc I moved here in Dec 2016 and people were sad it left

Lol I used to visit and a particularly pretentious colleague would tell me Old Ebbit’s was where all the big deals got done
I was too poor for it in my younger days (a half summer visiting JZ) and tabor crew (years later after I moved back from England). Weird I don't think we ever visited together

but having a s.o. there working insane hours meant I spent a lot of time at different bars by myself

I was too poor for it in my younger days (a half summer visiting JZ) and tabor crew after I moved back from England. Weird I don't think we ever visited together

but having a s.o. there working insane hours meant I spent a lot of time at different bars by myself
I visited probably 5x a year from 2011-2015 when df2009 and ILdeac and co lived there and they Vice versa came to Hershey a truly unreasonable amount

Helped that my gf at the time was also best friends with a couple ppl in dc too

Though tbh we spent probably 50 nights over those 20 visits at either Boundary Stone, Big Hunt, and/ or Solly’s

Sadly, I only made it to DC during that stretch a handful of times. But then the s.o. moved there in like 2015 and then I was there a lot

Mostly boundary stone, churchkey, iron horse. For some reason she loved DBGB

Looking back, that's true. I remember fondly the 10¢ wing nights at Tortilla Coast on the Hill. I was like "I'll have TEN wings, please." And they were like "that'll be $1."

My neighbor/best friend was a vegetarian back in those days and she credits 10¢ wing nights for getting her back into meat. Neither of us were big drinkers back then so most weeks we'd split 30 wings and get 2 $1.50 fountain drinks and just leave a $10 bill.

I some times eat morning star farms Buffalo Chik’n “wings!” Is that cool and relatable?

Sadly, I only made it to DC during that stretch a handful of times. But then the s.o. moved there in like 2015 and then I was there a lot

Ooh iron horse a good shout too but I mostly was there with IL and wake the universe for the short period we all lived here together

Churchkey still fuckin rocks, love that place

I some times eat morning star farms Buffalo Chik’n “wings!” Is that cool and relatable?
You would have liked my Austin roommate. Was a lifelong vegetarian but had the worst possible diet. All scrambled eggs and morning star

You prefer them over wingz?

Oh yeah Iron Horse was probably our top happy hour spot since it was so central to everyone’s work, good specials and massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back