• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT XXXII - holiday planning

Status
Not open for further replies.
You prefer them over wingz?
I don’t think I’ve ever had wingz. I started eating morning star in about 2005 maybe, and just stuck with it. I am sure there are better products now, but some times you just stick with what you know.

The biggest casualty for me in terms of DC bars, and I promise we can drop the subject, was DC Reynolds. The 2 for 1 special was sooooo good. Also a 1 minute walk from my current house. RIP.

well i didn't see this place turning into the Washingtonian for the night but whatever.

dc seems chill

i think if I had continued working on dem campaigns i would have ended up there for sure

DC is pretty cool. Going back in a few weeks for the first time since January 2020. Until then, I was going to DC 1-3 times a year for the last 20 years.

Probably could do this on the cooking thread, but I'll ask here. I've had two deep fryers die on me in the last few months. Last time, I just used my wok on my outdoor kitchen burners to make some fries and they turned out fine. So should I even bother with another fryer or just stick with my wok to make wings tomorrow?

Oo wait forgot about Trusty’s, another classic spot

The Red Hat in Beacon Hill had 10 cent wings on Monday nights, but it felt like it evened out with the 20 dollar pitchers of beer. Can’t say they were good or large wings, but there was something fun about sitting down with a couple guys and ordering a 100 wings. I feel like such an old talking about back in the day wing prices.
I was about to say RIP Red Hat, but it looks like it has reopened. Kinsale had good wings for a quarter but haven't been to the place that took over.

Saw this on my pinball forum and thought it too good so had to share

aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2MvYjMvNTYvY2IzNTY1NTlmMTk1MTM4YTg1MTA0OThiMGNhNjlmNDdjNmIyODljOS5wbmc

‘Morning all.

Tip…don’t leave Moravian sugar cake very long in the microwave for warming. Unless you prefer a tough, very chewy style.

[we’ve always called it sugar bread but it appears the proper term is cake]

Buckets moved to H Street around ‘09. I remember getting out of my Tahoe and hearing gunshots and him saying “Don’t worry. That’s on the other side of H Street.

Used to crush Taylor’s Gourmet after hitting the bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back