• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTCT: Featuring the Human Selfie Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
my son thinks that Zach Bryan invented country music as we know it. (he did not)
I fucking love Billy Strings but he has a crazy obsessed fanbase that essentially considers him the god of bluegrass and all other bluegrass before him is trash. but it's clear from interviews and the songs he plays how deferential he is to the greats from long ago and even to those in the jamgrass scene who came up before him.

I fucking love Billy Strings but he has a crazy obsessed fanbase that essentially considers him the god of bluegrass and all other bluegrass before him is trash. but it's clear from interviews and the songs he plays how deferential he is to the greats from long ago and even to those in the jamgrass scene who came up before him.
Billy strings may be one of the best bluegrass instrumentalists of all time though.

Billy strings may be one of the best bluegrass instrumentalists of all time though.
he is but his fans are fucking nuts about it and I guarantee you if you asked him he'd cite a thousand guitarists who are better than him.

What Ph said about DR might be top 5 dumbest statements ever made on the boards, hell as time goes on it might be pushing for number 1.
Was this the one where he said DR is actually a great guy and we're all just jealous of him? Was that PH? That would be a fun re-read.

Though, to be fair, LK used to be pretty damn pro-DR as well, but good to see people can adapt.

Was this the one where he said DR is actually a great guy and we're all just jealous of him? Was that PH? That would be a fun re-read.

Though, to be fair, LK used to be pretty damn pro-DR as well, but good to see people can adapt.

Yes and I’d love to find the direct quote because will help frame it on how it’s a top 5 statement.

omg there are two of them!? fuck yes

traveling the next two weekends but gonna have to get over there after that, hopefully they get a little more confident and show off as much as mitchell (RIP) used to
hell yeah. we called that area the Sadness Corner for a while but now it's the Cuteness Corner. I had seen a post a few days ago that the coyotes had been moved up to their habitat so was hopeful there was some mountain lion news on the way.

my son also likes to make outlandish claims like "morgan wallen is the best selling country artist of all time" and "jurassic park is one of the best movies of all time" without any evidence. he's big on "all time" claims
Does he also claim to have invented the question mark and accuse chestnuts of being lazy?

BSD now the #1 DR stan on here and has even resorted to posting similarly when it comes to a new arena. not quite the condescending tone of Wake fans being losers, etc but not too far off.

Not sure it was pro so much as didn't think he was worthy of all the scorn. There was a time when he was a nice guy. The evidence is overwhelming that he deserves every bit of shit he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back