• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

You know certain things especially in COLLEGE ball...... they are nobodys fucking business.

You know certain things especially in COLLEGE ball...... they are nobodys fucking business.
You may be right...but you also may be doing the kid a disservice by not saying something. Even a generic "Mutually agreed to move on, Best of luck in his future endeavors" statement. That closes it out.
Not issuing that invites questions and puts the speculation squarely on Damari

I actually assume he was possibly our highest NIL earner. We managed to keep him from taking Carolina NIL, which I assume was part money, part loyalty. I love Damari. I’m sorry that he’s gone. I wish him the very best. I also hate calling college kids in high pressure situations, especially those who’ve had two horrific injuries and a sister tragically die, “headcases.” I also wish Wake sports had actual unbiased media, but it’s going to take an independently wealthy, fantastic journalist.
Sallis made some serious jingle this year. I know this to be a fact. I don't know about Damari

I do think that the whole NIL situation adds complexity to the former dynamic that we, as fans, had no right to pry into this kind of thing. Some people were paying this guy to be a Deac, and something happened so that he stopped being a Deac 2 weeks too early. I'm not gonna go demand an explanation from RTQ but I could see how some people would feel entitled to one. Kind of a fucked up system.

I wish Damari nothing but the best of luck and success wherever he goes.

Unless it’s State, Duke or UNC. Then, I hope he never scores again.
It'll be BC or Georgia tech and he'll rain 30 on us in an ACCT game next year in a Wednesday game.

I wish him all the best. I think dropping to a smaller division and play a stretch 4. I am concerned with him being able to play the 3 again.

Stay healthy Monsanto!

Damari seems like a bit of a head case. Not sure what went down but him quitting on the team was not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know Damari well enough to know whether he is a head case... But, quitting on your teammates kind of sucks - no matter how frustrated you are or how much you disagree with your coach. I can't think of another situation were a player just disappeared off a team like that...

I actually assume he was possibly our highest NIL earner. We managed to keep him from taking Carolina NIL, which I assume was part money, part loyalty. I love Damari. I’m sorry that he’s gone. I wish him the very best. I also hate calling college kids in high pressure situations, especially those who’ve had two horrific injuries and a sister tragically die, “headcases.” I also wish Wake sports had actual unbiased media, but it’s going to take an independently wealthy, fantastic journalist.
I can't / won't get into each player's NIL deal but Damari was in-line with other returnees' NIL deals.

Have no idea where the UNC NIL rumors started and was never privy to any of those.

I do think that the whole NIL situation adds complexity to the former dynamic that we, as fans, had no right to pry into this kind of thing. Some people were paying this guy to be a Deac, and something happened so that he stopped being a Deac 2 weeks too early. I'm not gonna go demand an explanation from RTQ but I could see how some people would feel entitled to one. Kind of a fucked up system.
More than happy to discuss what the collective knows. Also, FWIW, NIL deals also have a cancelation policy.

When one gives to the collective and you designate it for "Men's Basketball" you're giving to the pot and not to an individual player.
I’m genuinely curious who then is in control of the division of the pot? Are all the deals hand written contracts? Is every player on scholarship a part of the collective? With this now being the new normal, I’d love to know more about how it works.

I’m genuinely curious who then is in control of the division of the pot? Are all the deals hand written contracts? Is every player on scholarship a part of the collective? With this now being the new normal, I’d love to know more about how it works.
The board of Roll The Quad determines who gets what and how much.

All of our deals are written and sent through by RTQ's legal team - they're not handwritten. Not every player is offered a deal through RTQ. Happy to discuss more if you want to drop me a line via email or PM.

Ok grandpa
Dear bde,

If you are smart you don't need to advertise. If you are attractive, everyone already knows it. You don't need to advertise young buck. Adults have a drink. Kids count beers. Your big d...eac energy is obvious.

Dear bde,

If you are smart you don't need to advertise. If you are attractive, everyone already knows it. You don't need to advertise young buck. Adults have a drink. Kids count beers. Your big d...eac energy is obvious.
Sir yes sir

More than happy to discuss what the collective knows. Also, FWIW, NIL deals also have a cancelation policy.
I'm curious about this - what are typical bases for cancellation? Since my understanding is that NIL deals cannot be "pay to play" I assume you can't cancel because a player leaves or gets hurt? And you couldn't make an NIL offer to a player in the portal contingent on them playing for Wake?

Back