• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins on Bzz

:golfclap:

I submit a new moniker for country/disco Dan: HOF Dan.

“If you’re thinking about the press conference being (introducing) a recognizable person, someone who people can get excited about – yeah that’s part of what we do,’’ Wellman said. “But it’s not the priority.

“The priority is someone who is going to win basketball games and represent the institution in a manner we expect it to be represented.’’

Personally, I’ve never considered ability, integrity and charisma to be mutually exclusive qualities in a coach, or anybody for that matter.

Yep, solid summation of it all.

Hope Ron reads the last sentence a few times

This period seems to have put a little starch into Dan's reporting Didn't like him being MIA the past week or so but he's on his game now.

Hes-On-Fire-NBA-Jam-2010-Trailer.jpg

Please leave him some positive feedback on the blog. We have given him a lot of shit lately, but today he has killed it!

Dan's quote: "It was Lenox who taught me it’s never about the fire -- it’s always about the hire." Profound statement, remember this as Wellman goes through the process of selecting a new coach.

Additional quote from Dan: "Maybe he saw in [Redacted] a man who knew his Xs and Os, who would represent Wake the way Wellman wanted it represented, and would so it in a calm, reasoned under-stated way that matched Wellman’s own buttoned-up sense of propriety. Wellman, best I could tell, didn’t want a firebrand or a song and dance man, he wanted a tactician, or perhaps a clinician, who knew the game."

Dan failed to mention in the vernacular that Wellman only wanted a "yes man".....he got that in Bz and fast forward to today. If any of you feel Wellman has the talent and ability to correct the debacle he brought on Wake then I have some real estate I would like to sell in the swamp...Please Mr. Wellman prove me wrong!

Dan's quote: "It was Lenox who taught me it’s never about the fire -- it’s always about the hire." Profound statement, remember this as Wellman goes through the process of selecting a new coach.

Additional quote from Dan: "Maybe he saw in [Redacted] a man who knew his Xs and Os, who would represent Wake the way Wellman wanted it represented, and would so it in a calm, reasoned under-stated way that matched Wellman’s own buttoned-up sense of propriety. Wellman, best I could tell, didn’t want a firebrand or a song and dance man, he wanted a tactician, or perhaps a clinician, who knew the game."

Dan failed to mention in the vernacular that Wellman only wanted a "yes man".....he got that in Bz and fast forward to today. If any of you feel Wellman has the talent and ability to correct the debacle he brought on Wake then I have some real estate I would like to sell in the swamp...Please Mr. Wellman prove me wrong!

Though I am nervous that it appears Wellman is flying solo, I do believe that he knows he has to knock this hire out of the park to save his legacy (What's left of it). Think it's funny that Hatch is in on this as well. Doesn't look like Wellman has the freedom he once had!

Though I am nervous that it appears Wellman is flying solo, I do believe that he knows he has to knock this hire out of the park to save his legacy (What's left of it). Think it's funny that Hatch is in on this as well. Doesn't look like Wellman has the freedom he once had!

Wellman isn't close to flying solo on this. Did you read his email? He's already had a group out there vetting candidates and gauging their interest.

Wellman isn't close to flying solo on this. Did you read his email? He's already had a group out there vetting candidates and gauging their interest.

Hope you're right.

Back