• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins: One Promise I'll Make

Omg another introvert. God help us all.

Omg another introvert. God help us all.
Watching his Tulsa press conference and some interviews, there's no doubt he's an introvert. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Yikes. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. But agree that the fan base needs to give him a shot.

Surprised that Dan is doubling down on his column before. I'm impressed that he realizes one can be critical of a hire and give him a shot at the same time.

Watching his Tulsa press conference and some interviews, there's no doubt he's an introvert. Not necessarily a bad thing.

[Redacted] has scared many to this style, especially when compared to Skip (and now Clawson). Add the already fed up fans and the absolute need for leadership and direction and it's completely OK to be concerned about an introverted, inexperienced coach walking into this situation. This could go very very badly.

Surprised that Dan is doubling down on his column before. I'm impressed that he realizes one can be critical of a hire and give him a shot at the same time.

You'd think that would be obvious to Wake grads, but apparently not. I see a lot of people doing what they did with Buzz-- talking themselves into accepting and even embracing the hire because they don't want to look bad if the hire turns out to be good.

And there are plenty of people acting as if this hire is as patently awful as [Redacted]. This is an unknown hire. There are reasons to be skeptical. Reasons to be hopeful. So let's do as Dan suggests.

Does Dan lose credibility here? There's been a major disconnect between what's been reported and actual interest in the job.

And there are plenty of people acting as if this hire is as patently awful as [name redacted]. This is an unknown hire. There are reasons to be skeptical. Reasons to be hopeful. So let's do as Dan suggests.

Links?

I thought this was a really nice colum by Dan. I think he hit the sentiment of alot of Wake fans. We need a really good hire to pull the program out of the basement of irrelevancy and into contention in the ACC. I don't think Manning is the right hire for this. If he is hired I will support him, but I think our situatuon with Wellman will need to be reevaluated if it is not working out next season.

"I remain unconvinced that he has either the charisma or the track record needed to mend the gaping fissures that have split the program and its fan base asunder over these past four rancorous seasons."

Just lovely. Thanks for an honest take though Dan!

I thought this was a really nice colum by Dan. I think he hit the sentiment of alot of Wake fans. We need a really good hire to pull the program out of the basement of irrelevancy and into contention in the ACC. I don't think Manning is the right hire for this. If he is hired I will support him, but I think our situatuon with Wellman will need to be reevaluated if it is not working out next season.

There's nothing to evaluate. Wellman HAS TO GO for Buzz alone. Jeez, even if he pulls Shaka out of his hat, he has to go. He is old, out of touch, making poor decisions, and lacking institutional and professional respect from his fanbase and peers. He should've announced his retirement at the beginning of the 2013 school year effective Dec 31 and had a successor lined up to step in.

Good article. I'm starting to feel a little more sane...

(Of course, all bets are off if, God forbid, he turns us down...because then where are we?)

Good article. I'm starting to feel a little more sane...

(Of course, all bets are off if, God forbid, he turns us down...because then where are we?)

tumblr_liudgx511b1qb13hjo1_500.gif

He turns us down. Battle leads for one of shit show of a season while we hire a real AD. Then we get a good coach.

Back