• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

We need some sort of formula for the credibility points available the rest of the schedule.

Winning games that we should win is a step in the right direction! I, too, was impressed with the game flow/management today. Let's keep it up!

Are we back to worrying about when Manning will be stolen away from us by Kansas or the NBA?

Are we back to worrying about when Manning will be stolen away from us by Kansas or the NBA?

Yeah for sure. One more win and he is the coach-n-waiting at UNC cause Larry Browne was once there

Poor coaching on our part is the reason for the loss. Childress throwing up 3 pointers that do not go in when the game is on the line, at least 2 10 second calls on us, at least 2 shot clock violations on us, and horrible end of game defense.

To be fair, most of that is execution (players), not coaching.

Uh, he has doubled if not tripled the overal talent on the team since he has been here

He recruited Mitoglou, Wilbekin, Crawford, Moore, Collins, Childress, SJM, Washington, and Mitchell (and Arians if you want to count him).

God love Wilbekin and Mitoglou, but there is 1 star, 1-2 future All-ACC players and a lot of meh in there.

If he had found a competent or better 3 this year, we would be worrying about a 4-7 seed. As it is, we are on the bubble. And if Collins turns pro, we are staring at the possibility of 4 years with no tourney under Manning, 8 years in a row total.

Add Key Woods, Chaundee Brown, Melo Eggleston.

And MFF.

Woods is right. Brown and Eggleston are TBD. Rankings would suggest that Brown is really good and Eggleston isn't. I hope the rankings are 1/2 right. But until they show up and play, it is all speculation.

He recruited Mitoglou, Wilbekin, Crawford, Moore, Collins, Childress, SJM, Washington, and Mitchell (and Arians if you want to count him).

God love Wilbekin and Mitoglou, but there is 1 star, 1-2 future All-ACC players and a lot of meh in there.

If he had found a competent or better 3 this year, we would be worrying about a 4-7 seed. As it is, we are on the bubble. And if Collins turns pro, we are staring at the possibility of 4 years with no tourney under Manning, 8 years in a row total.

So you proved my point. Thanks.

If you don't think the talent hasn't doubled or tripled then I want what you're smoking.

In with a MFF

Who do you think had the best and worst first 3 recruiting classes- Odom, Prosser, or Manning?

Manning is fairly clearly in 3rd, because Rodney Rogers, Randolph Childress, Tree Owens, Justin Gray, Eric Williams, and Chris Paul aren't walking through that door. And people still want to give Coach Manning an A? Really?

Woods is right. Brown and Eggleston are TBD. Rankings would suggest that Brown is really good and Eggleston isn't. I hope the rankings are 1/2 right. But until they show up and play, it is all speculation.

Eggleston's offer list gives some hope that he's going to be good. Not as good as Brown but could become a solid contributor.

Back