• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning's Coaching Staff

Manning's staff at Kansas is underwhelming. Hopefully, we get an upgrade over his present staff.

self's staff at KU is pretty MONTE. would be dope if he could poach one of them.

self's staff at KU is pretty MONTE. would be dope if he could poach one of them.

I don't know that it would happen, but if Norm Roberts came along, that would be HUGE. Their kids are friends and norm is a big time east coast recruiter who could really help Danny out with his HC experience.

As for Tulsa, Ballard would be the best to take along, but I wonder if he's now a contender for the Tulsa job(or maybe Norm will go there).

You are probably right, but that is why this is an insane hire. He can't even put together a competent ACC staff on his own (not his fault, but still).

The ink isn't even dry yet, how.do we know he can't put together a "competent ACC staff" on his own?

Agreed 100%. My biggest concern with this hire is not that he sucks, but that he does well and bolts for the League after 3 or 4 years.

Why is this a concern? If he does well, that means Wake has done well, and he will leave the job better than he found it. If your biggest concern is that our new hire will do so well than other people will want to hire him, you need some new concerns.

Why is this a concern? If he does well, that means Wake has done well, and he will leave the job better than he found it. If your biggest concern is that our new hire will do so well than other people will want to hire him, you need some new concerns.

Agreed; my biggest concern is that we continue to suck.

It would be kind of cool if he assembled a staff of all former NBA teammates, like Kevin Johnson, Nick Van Exel, Glen Robinson, and John Starks to just go wild recruiting.

It will be interesting to see who makes up the staff this year.

I gotta assume Brett Ballard will come with him, he's considered to be one the of bright young guys in the Larry Brown / Bill Self coaching tree.

And you're crazy if you think that Larry and Self aren't going to make sure Manning gets hooked up with a very strong staff. I don't think you guys realize just how much both of them have invested in Manning succeeding - they LOVE him.

I gotta assume Brett Ballard will come with him, he's considered to be one the of bright young guys in the Larry Brown / Bill Self coaching tree.

And you're crazy if you think that Larry and Self aren't going to make sure Manning gets hooked up with a very strong staff. I don't think you guys realize just how much both of them have invested in Manning succeeding - they LOVE him.

This is great news. I'm getting excited for what's about to happen..#Godeacs

Back