• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Mannings Last Season?

John Beilein was the pick if Skip took the Pitt job and most board posters would have lost their collective shit on scout.com for replacing Prosser with the Richmond head coach.

Beilein was at WVU by then.

I don't think any of us realize how utterly difficult it is to recruit athletes to wake forest who can get in school, stay in school, and be exceptional on the court or field. No clue.

Is it more difficult than it was during the 20 years we fielded winning basketball teams?

Beilein was at WVU by then.

Correct... For one season, I believe.

But he was always a favorite of RW and was high on the list in 2001 after we mutually parted ways with GDO.

Based on what I heard he was offered the job in 2003 contingent on Skip leaving for Pitt.

My opinion on you is completely unchanged by the results of the Super Bowl. Even if the Panthers would have won, it wouldn't change the fact that you are a fuckstick.

May I suggest that we please stop with the Wake is too hard to gain admission, classes are too hard and overall playing the academic card. It reeks of LOWF and isn't at all true. We're not Duke or Stanford and at best on par with Notre Dame and UVA. If we believe that academics are the reason for our woes then we need to get out of the conference.
Wake Forest needs to grow a pair and decide if they want to compete. I'm not seeing evidence of this at all.

May I suggest that we please stop with the Wake is too hard to gain admission, classes are too hard and overall playing the academic card. It reeks of LOWF and isn't at all true. We're not Duke or Stanford and at best on par with Notre Dame and UVA. If we believe that academics are the reason for our woes then we need to get out of the conference.
Wake Forest needs to grow a pair and decide if they want to compete. I'm not seeing evidence of this at all.

And even if it was true at some point via some idiotic Wellman-induced, [Redacted]-fueled, self-imposed restriction... Manning promptly got Hudson ok'd and has been aggressively recruiting plenty of high profile players who have zero interest in a degree. Stanford has it much worse than us.

Skip Prosser was the only basketball hire that Wake has made in my lifetime that didn't bring some head scratching.

John Beilein was the pick if Skip took the Pitt job and most board posters would have lost their collective shit on scout.com for replacing Prosser with the Richmond head coach.

I thought it was Belien that was coming if Skip hadn't taken the job out of Xavier...

200_s.gif

I don't think any of us realize how utterly difficult it is to recruit athletes to wake forest who can get in school, stay in school, and be exceptional on the court or field. No clue.

It's only hard because we choose to make it hard. Duke, Virginia and Notre Dame are doing fine.

FWIW we'll take anyone they take...to think anything different is foolish

Recruiting matters, but so does coaching. Just compare the performance of Va Tech in Buzz Williams' second year versus Wake's. And not because of any great infusion of talent.

Actually Buzz usually starts 2 transfers (Allen and LaDay) and 1 JUCO (Henry). Both the transfers would play major minutes for Wake.

Back