• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Show -- Tonight @ 7:00 pm

Not even canned questions?

I just emailed this question:

Huge fan since moving to Winston-Salem all the way back in the magical 1970 championship year.

Since you've been here our running game seems not to have changed where the stationary running back is handed the ball 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

It isn't working and I don't see how it could work unless our offensive line is dominant over the opponent.

Given that our ACC opponents should have fine defensive lines and linebackers any chance that you consider having the running backs in motion a bit. Even the best teams like FSU and Clemson often hand off or lateral to their backs while they are on the run.

If the great teams see a need to have the back moving as they receive the ball (even with their great offensive linemen) we need to do the same.

Hoping to see a change Saturday.

I just emailed this question:

Huge fan since moving to Winston-Salem all the way back in the magical 1970 championship year.

Since you've been here our running game seems not to have changed where the stationary running back is handed the ball 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

It isn't working and I don't see how it could work unless our offensive line is dominant over the opponent.

Given that our ACC opponents should have fine defensive lines and linebackers any chance that you consider having the running backs in motion a bit. Even the best teams like FSU and Clemson often hand off or lateral to their backs while they are on the run.

If the great teams see a need to have the back moving as they receive the ball (even with their great offensive linemen) we need to do the same.

Hoping to see a change Saturday.

Great question. However, I seriously doubt Premier Wellman allows it through. Could be detrimental to the well-being of the "people's republic of Wake".

Lol. I agree with the sentiment but there's not a single question in it.

Lol. I agree with the sentiment but there's not a single question in it.

There is. He forgot the question mark.

"Given that our ACC opponents should have fine defensive lines and linebackers any chance that you consider having the running backs in motion a bit? "

You can just post questions to Stan Cotten's twitter acct. Your question will get asked on air this way

someone else asked a similar question - why all the runs inside the tackles - and he disagreed saying that Hinton's runs were outside the tackles. Unbelievable.

We should all just take Duke and give the 5 points and at least benefit from the absurdity. If 5 is the spread and 3 points for the home team then they are calling this basically a 2 point game. Even with the same coaching and play-calling alone just based on the athletes Duke is 2 points better than us and when you factor in the play-calling it isn't even close.

someone else asked a similar question - why all the runs inside the tackles - and he disagreed saying that Hinton's runs were outside the tackles. Unbelievable.

We should all just take Duke and give the 5 points and at least benefit from the absurdity. If 5 is the spread and 3 points for the home team then they are calling this basically a 2 point game. Even with the same coaching and play-calling alone just based on the athletes Duke is 2 points better than us and when you factor in the play-calling it isn't even close.

this. i was in disbelief when he said that

He seemed to say that our perimeter runs are intended to be a result of QB reads and them keeping it if DE goes inside. So RBs: Inside runs; QBs: Outside runs

Too damn vanilla, he needs to watch our offense from the Troy Calhoun years. The video from the Lobo years were erased with "bleach bit" I heard.

He talks about how Duke gives you so much to think about with all their formations, motions and plays, yet our offense is about 5 plays tops???

Clawson is as evasive as Hillary when it comes to answering direct questions. Someone should ask when he intends to replace his offensive coaches and not be as stubborn as Grobe was with Lobo. The offense is already in the crapper, but I am hoping for a better performance against Duke. Against Tulane the offense was embarrassing to say the least.

Clawson is as evasive as Hillary when it comes to answering direct questions. Someone should ask when he intends to replace his offensive coaches and not be as stubborn as Grobe was with Lobo. The offense is already in the crapper, but I am hoping for a better performance against Duke. Against Tulane the offense was embarrassing to say the least.

About as many news conferences and questions taken also!

Back