• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Show -- Tonight @ 7:00 pm

Your post associates white people with white soft serve. You're saying people are soft and easy to dispense and top with sprinkles. That is offensive to me as a human.

Your post associates white people with white soft serve. You're saying people are soft and easy to dispense and top with sprinkles. That is offensive to me as a human.

If the cone fits...

He seemed to say that our perimeter runs are intended to be a result of QB reads and them keeping it if DE goes inside. So RBs: Inside runs; QBs: Outside runs

Well that'll really keep them off guard. Coach 'em up, Claws!

Sure didn't sound like he believes in running the back outside the tackle.

Sure didn't sound like he believes in running the back outside the tackle.

I think it still boils down to the coaches not having confidence we can block the edges on outside the tackles running plays, which in year 3 is pretty sad. Of course we can't block the up the middle stuff very well either.

Hey guys! You've got an easy weak preparing for Wake. They do three things: delayed hand-off 7 yards deep to the RB up the middle, delayed QB "read" to the outside, and 5 yard dump-off passes.

Hey guys! You've got an easy weak preparing for Wake. They do three things: delayed hand-off 7 yards deep to the RB up the middle, delayed QB "read" to the outside, and 5 yard dump-off passes.

That's what we want them to think, wait till we run the picket fence at them.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I definitely sensed a lack of energy on his part. Hopefully, it is just normal fatigue, and not "our team is way worse than I could have ever imagined" fatigue.

That's what we want them to think, wait till we run the picket fence at them.

Thinking the same thing.
Why have closed practices if we just plan to run to same old plays?
Betting we show a few new/surprise formations or plays on Saturday...............and I hope they work.

Thinking the same thing.
Why have closed practices if we just plan to run to same old plays?
Betting we show a few new/surprise formations or plays on Saturday...............and I hope they work.

Dont hold your breath

Keep this on the low down, but I heard we might add a running back screen pass to the playbook this week, but you didn't hear that from me.

Honestly, Bell was solid off screen passes last year. Perhaps that's why we didn't see them last week.

Honestly, Bell was solid off screen passes last year. Perhaps that's why we didn't see them last week.

Clawson said last night that Bell should play Saturday. You'd hope that our other backs are capable of catching a football though and we didn't ditch something we'd like to do because Bell was hurt.

Back