• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deac94’s National Signing Day 2016 Class Overview, Metrics and Info Extravaganza

Yeah, the Duke staff didn't show up and change things overnight. They laid out a 10 year plan and completed it a few years early. I think some people want Clawson to get it done in 3 years.

A plan they started in response to our ACC Championship that we won without any other plan than redshirting out of a puddle.

Most excited about Zimmer and Kamara, but I really like this class.

Here is the quick summary on Byrd for those who haven’t been following it closely.

Wake’s first offer in this last stage of the recruiting cycle. That signaled that he was Wake’s top target for December and January. Until that point, he was a HUGE target of Minnesota’s, but a lot of schools got on board after Wake. Some saw him as an athletic safety (Tennessee and Georgia Tech, also heavy flirtation from Georgia and Clemson) and some saw him as a versatile RB (Louisville, Minnesota, Mizzou and Wake).

However, some of his options fell of the board. His official visit with Tennessee was cancelled, so Wake jumped in and took that spot. Despite a lot of flirting, Clemson and Georgia never came through with an offer. Louisville backed off when they got a commit from another RB.

He briefly committed to Georgia Tech last week, but then withdrew his commitment to visit Mizzou. It happened very quickly. GT took him off their board as a result.

He visited Mizzou and all signs were that he was heading there. Six Crystal Balls dropped late for Mizzou including from some of the most prominent 247 analysts. Mizzou was “all-in” on Byrd at the end. REALLY wanted him. Same with Minnesota.

CRAZY. CRAZY. CRAZY.

The thinking with Byrd is that he has room for good weight without losing his explosiveness. He could be a versatile RB with explosiveness that we have arguably been lacking. Probably needs 15 pounds of good weight. No idea about redshirt versus not.

A quick thank you to all that pos rep'd this morning. I started out a fan of Wake football and have become a fan of the Wake fans on this board.

I'm going to ignore the "old man stalks teenagers" tag.

We need to retire that tag in memory of Lectro.

Back