• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon

We were 7th in offense and 176th in defense last year. You’d have to think that gap shrinks significantly this season. Have to compensate loss of extremely efficient offensive players with someone guarding their damn man

We had a net rating of 16.2 last season. We can maintain a very similar rating if we are approximately 30th in offense and 80th in defense. Seems very reasonable.

Didn't everybody on Virginia transfer? And Virginia Tech lose a lot too including most of their big men?

Re: Virginia.
FWIW, Perrantes graduated, signed a two way contract with Cleveland, and is now in the G league. Thompson, Shayok, and Reuter all transferred. Conventional wisdom says that they anticipated that their playing time was in jeopardy. Certainly, Reuter was about to be by-passed on the depth chart with Diakite and Huff looking to be the first front court players off the bench. It also appears as though the back court starters will be Guy, Jerome, and Hall. There is a lot of hype about DeAndre Hunter's potential, and there is some speculation that this was what led to Shayok's departure. It is also worth noting that the three transferring players were the only ones on the squad whose efficiency numbers were on the wrong side of '100'.

Last edited:
As relatively minor as this seems to be, I think if he nails those dunks and cuts out some of the untimely turnovers and just head-scratching plays, he's going to show up on a lot more highlights, we'll have a few more wins, and he's going to get NBA buzz.

Been saying Crawford just needs another inch or so on his vertical for a while now. He has shown the ability to get to the basket for those dunks but either needs to flush them or figure out other ways to finish (use his body like Chris or be an actual wizard like Steph).

Saw J.Huff was listed at 7.1 230. That sounds like quite a growth spurt.

Saw J.Huff was listed at 7.1 230. That sounds like quite a growth spurt.

Yeah, it appears the 'redshirt' year was put to good use. Then, again, the roster now lists Jack Salt as 6'10". Apparently, he shrank an inch.

Last edited:
Agree, I think we see Crawford, Childress, and probably Chaundee attacking even more this year. Doral's presence creates a dilemma because anyone cheating off of him to help on the dribbler has to know that if the ball gets thrown up anywhere near the rim he is going to dunk it.

My hope this year is that they can find a way to keep Doral from picking up cheap fouls. It seemed like every game he got 1 or 2 from moving screens somewhere beyond the 3 point line. Refs just salivate at calling this foul. He either needs to 100% learn to stand still or they need to stop asking him to do it.

Absolutely agree about Doral's PNR defense. No need to bring him out for the screen, especially if we have any other big on the floor.

Good news for GT: Okogie’s injury should only keep him out a few weeks.

Bad news for GT: They self-reported booster violations and suspended him.

Danny definitely saying that Crawford,Woods, Chill and Mitchell will play together a lot this season also mentioned Doral,Thompson,Sarr and D.Mitchell. He must of forgot C.Brown.

Danny definitely saying that Crawford,Woods, Chill and Mitchell will play together a lot this season also mentioned Doral,Thompson,Sarr and D.Mitchell. He must of forgot C.Brown.

Chaundeac is already in the league. I guess Danny heard he signed an agent and realized we won’t see him in a Wake uniform.

If those four play together other than when we are winning for FTs, we will get abused.

Maybe Chaundee will be our center with the other four guards.

What are the streaming options for the Queens exhibition?

Okogie now out indef. for accepting killer threads from GTECH alum. Hope he at least looks great.

Unless I am missing something here, and maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion---how hard is it to just set up a video camera and livestream something on a website? I mean there are D2 and D3 schools doing this for their games and we can't even set up a video camera to not even move and just stream the game?

I don't get it unless there are restrictions with our media network that says we can't do it. I know it's just an exhibition game, but it's baffling to me that we can't manage something like this but other schools can.

You have a phone. Throw it up on Facebook Live.

Back