• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs vs Gardner Webb Game Thread - 9/6/14 @ 6:30 ESPN3

We were winning by more last week at half. Red zone stuff was frustrating but I agree with your points.
True, but last weak our defense spent the entire game on the field. At least we're moving the ball tonight -- that was like an eighty yard drive! Need to finish in the red zone now.

It'd deff be nice to win this game, but big picture, I wouldn't expect us to win another game. We still might. But I wouldn't expect it.

why will the receivers improve?????? why "might" the o-line improve????? Anyone can be optimistic but also let's try to be evenminded.....this is a cluster- f*****

I think the OC is adjusting to what the OL can do, not what he wants them to eventually become. 75% completion, 50% 3rd down conversion, 21 minutes of possession. We are in better shape than last week.
We are playing against an FCS opponent. Not sure you can make this assessment this game.

WSSU has two great QBs: one that transferred from Alabama and one from Virginia.

It'd deff be nice to win this game, but big picture, I wouldn't expect us to win another game. We still might. But I wouldn't expect it.

Our D seems solid, so I think that'll give us a chance against teams that are poor defensively. BC and NC State spring to mind

why will the receivers improve?????? why "might" the o-line improve????? Anyone can be optimistic but also let's try to be evenminded.....this is a cluster- f*****
I mean, I'm no football expert, but the receivers are running good routes and Wolford has hit them in the hands. Eventually I'd like to think they'll catch a couple of them.

As for the O-line, I can't say for certain that they will improve or continue to suck, so I said they might improve, which is true.

Also, I'd like to think I'm one of the most even-minded posters on these here boards.

I may be optimistic, but I'm not blinded by it.

This drive seems like lots of quick throws to offset our poor protection. Wolford throwing it well.

Back