• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Debate Tonight at 9 PM

TR1982

Reaction score
Make sure you tune in to FNC. It will be nice to see the three most intellectual candidates, Newt, Romney, and Huntsman face off for the first time.

to the extent tonight matters, it matters to Pawlenty.

to the extent Saturday matters, it matters most to pawlenty.

hence the prior statement.

I think this weekend is huge for Paul as well. He's put a lot of time into Iowa.

I don't know a lot about Huntsman, but what I've heard intrigues me. I'll be looking to see how he comes off.

Bachmann is just as nuts as Paul. If I hear "I led the fight against raising the debt ceiling" one more time . . .

Man, Chris is grilling these guys.

We've got to stop paying attention to the border between Afghanistan and Iraq.

Quick thoughts. The Minnesotans look like idiots. Huntsman doesn't abide by the Tea Party crap. Newt is smug but smart.

I don't like Romney but what a great answer on the Constitutional question. Of course states have that authority. Not sure Bachmann understands the difference between states and feds.

Newt is crushing it tonight. Bachmann and Pawlenty have not impressed. If I had to pick one of them, I'd go with Romney..

Ron Paul really needs to look up the term corporatism, because that is the fourth or fifth time I've heard him misuse it.

I don't like Romney but what a great answer on the Constitutional question. Of course states have that authority. Not sure Bachmann understands the difference between states and feds.

Santorum in the same camp as Bachmann on this one. Both bat shit crazy. The constitutionality of the health care bill on the federal level is debatable (I fall into the camp that thinks it holds up under current commerce clause precedent, but I fully understand how others can come down on the other side), but the constitutionality of the Mass. health care bill or any other state mandate is unquestionable.

Wow how about these Iowa isolationists? Didn't think they'd be going so hard for Paul's foreign policy.

Back