• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deutsche Bank Championship: Webb Simpson Wins in Playoff!!!11!!!1

Dowd is getting set up to make a run at Dancing with the Stars.

at least something associated with wake sports is moving in the right direction

Remarkable clutch putting on 18 and the playoff holes. Final round 65. #1 in Fed Ex Cup points. Hats off.

His wife needs to be more expressive.

Great to see Simpson win another 1, but I felt bad for Reavie - he seems like a real good guy.

And Webb really needs to speed up his play. He may be the slowest guy on tour.

His wife needs to be more expressive.

Great to see Simpson win another 1, but I felt bad for Reavie - he seems like a real good guy.

Who cares. Do what you have to do to win.

He's getting really close to POY. Statistically, he's number one. He has two wins to tie him with several other players. Bradley has the major, so that probably gives him the nod but Webb has to be a close second at this point.

And he is brutally slow. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Sergio got it sorted out, so you can improve. Maybe the PGA should pair Webb with Sabbatini on Thursdays and Fridays until he gets his shit together.

Webb slows down considerably in the crunch, toward the end when he is in contention. Perhaps he is deliberately fighting against the tendency of most to get too quick under pressure.

Whatever, I agree he needs to speed his routine, but not now. That's something for off-season--right now, just keep doing what's working.

He has provided some real excitement for my otherwise boring sports' life right now. Hopefully Saturday will provide some more.

Webb is the fastest non-tournament player I've ever played with. His slow play in contention is entirely on purpose. Its working isnt it? No reason to change it.

It really doesn't matter. Those guys are stuck out their for five hours and it's not all on Webb.

Webb is the fastest non-tournament player I've ever played with. His slow play in contention is entirely on purpose. Its working isnt it? No reason to change it.

Don't you think that if the announcers keep drawing attention to it the PGA will think they should do something, especially with their supposed efforts to speed play?

Just leave him alone!

Don't you think that if the announcers keep drawing attention to it the PGA will think they should do something, especially with their supposed efforts to speed play?

Just leave him alone!

The tour has never done anything about Ben Crane or Tiger Woods, so there is little reason to believe they will do anything now.

Congrats to Webb, what a clutch win. He has figured out his nerves on the green. He should be tough to play in the President's Cup as well.

He's getting really close to POY. Statistically, he's number one. He has two wins to tie him with several other players. Bradley has the major, so that probably gives him the nod but Webb has to be a close second at this point.

Deacon bias maybe, but I think Webb deserves it over Bradley. The major is the only area Bradley beats Webb.

MONEY LIST: Webb #1 to Bradley #12
FEDEX CUP: Webb #1 to Bradley #19
CUTS MISSED: Webb 3 to Bradley 10
TOP 25's: Webb 17/22 to Bradley 10/26
TOP 10's: Webb 9 to Bradley 4
ALL-AROUND: Webb 1st to Bradley 37th
SCORING AVG.: Webb 2nd to Bradley 60th

Bradley didn't even qualify for the US and British Opens while Webb posted Top 16's. Bradley has missed the cut in both FedEx events, which is tough to do with the limited field.

All right, I'm an idiot. Looked up all that stuff above only to see they only look at 3 things when considering POY:

Points are distributed based on the sum of the following:

A) Tournament victories (Points in parentheses):
PGA Championship (30)
U.S. Open (30)
British Open (30)
Masters (30)
The Players Championship (20)
All other PGA Tour events, including World Championships series (10)

B) Money winning on PGA Tour official money list:
1st (20)
2nd (18)
3rd (16)
4th (14)
5th (12)
6th (10)
7th (8)
8th (6)
9th (4)
10th ()2

C) Adjusted scoring average, min. 60 rounds:
1st (20)
2nd (18)
3rd (16)
4th (14)
5th (12)
6th (10)
7th (8)
8th (6)
9th (4)
10th (2)

By these measures (which made Furyk last year's POY), Webb>>>>Bradley.

Who cares. Do what you have to do to win.

I do. I play a round or 2 per week and am a bit of a nazi about slow players. Slow play in golf is prolly my biggest pet peeve. I tend also to root against guys on the tour who have a rep for slow play. Which is why I don't root for Webb nearly as much as I have for other Wake golfers.

I love the idea in the earlier post of pairing Webb with Sabbatini on Thursdays and Fridays to kick him of his habit. Sabbatini is an ass, but I like his crusade against slow players.

QC, to me, majors are much bigger than other wins. Yeah it's subjective but I think it's a real close race for POY between a few guys. Right now I'd take Donald, though part of his resume comes from some Euro events. What happens these next 2 events will largely decide who is POY. There are 5-10 guys out there who realistically have a shot out there with a win and a top-10 in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:

He's not even close. He is only slow when in contention. Guys like JB Holmes, Sean O'Hair, Ben Crane and Tiger are slow all the time.

I've never had a problem with guys in contention playing slow as long as they keep pace with the group in front of them. They are playing for an insane amount of money. It's when groups fall behind a hole or 2 that I think there is a problem.

Back