• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin to Try Out for USA Basketball U-19 - Missed Cut

TBDeac

Reaction score
Link

I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere on the boards but I didn't see a thread.

Anyone know his chances of making the team?

lol at Steve Alford's son being on there. #39 SG in the class of 2013!

Perhaps if Devin hangs out with Shaka a few days he may change is stance that he wants to be coached by [Redacted]?

Devin might actually have a shot. There aren't that many good bigs. Stokes will make the team. I'm guessing Gordon will, but he's skinny. Okafor is a HSer.

If Devin comes in and plays as hard as always does, he might have a really decent chance.

Congrats to Devin. Really good experience for an up and coming star.

Devin will probably average 38 points, 23 boards and 12 assists in the scrimmages at the camp. Would be more, but I'm hearing the scrimmages will only be 5 minute quarters.

I think Okafor, Trez, Gordon, Carter and Devin may be fighting for 2-3 slots.

Perhaps if Devin hangs out with Shaka a few days he may change is stance that he wants to be coached by [Redacted]?

come on this is ridiculous take a good thing (haven't had many) and you turn it negative this is worse for our program than our coach

come on this is ridiculous take a good thing (haven't had many) and you turn it negative this is worse for our program than our coach

it's only worse for the program than our coach because he will now have a good head coach to compare his experience with. sounds like trouble to me.

It is pretty clear that the vast majority of players are not in love with [Redacted], so congrats to Devin

it's only worse for the program than our coach because he will now have a good head coach to compare his experience with. sounds like trouble to me.

I actually think it's a postitve. If Devin is exposed to legit college coaches who understand how to communicate basketball, relate to 20 year olds and motivate them, he can come back and tell the others what else is out there.

I think our players are not as upset now as they need to be because they truely don't understand what they are missing out on. Their only comparisions to Bz are their high school and AAU coaches, so consequently Bz may not seem THAT bad.

If Devin gets in the presence of those at the high end of their profession and sees what he is missing out on, he may get upset and then the players would become much more Bz-out. That would put a lot more pressure on Wellman to change things.

I'm sure there are plenty of North Koreans right now who have no idea just how miserable they actually are. But if a bunch of them spent a week in America and came back, it could be the beginning of a revolution.

What do you base that the vast majority of the players dislike the coach?

I didn't say they disliked him, but not in love with him meaning when he is fired, there will be no love lost for the vast majoriyy meaning there will be almost no transfers.

Back