• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin to Try Out for USA Basketball U-19 - Missed Cut

This is nothing but a positive for Devin, and by extension, Wake. Go get 'em, Dev! :)

I actually think it's a postitve. If Devin is exposed to legit college coaches who understand how to communicate basketball, relate to 20 year olds and motivate them, he can come back and tell the others what else is out there.

I think our players are not as upset now as they need to be because they truely don't understand what they are missing out on. Their only comparisions to Bz are their high school and AAU coaches, so consequently Bz may not seem THAT bad.

If Devin gets in the presence of those at the high end of their profession and sees what he is missing out on, he may get upset and then the players would become much more Bz-out. That would put a lot more pressure on Wellman to change things.

I'm sure there are plenty of North Koreans right now who have no idea just how miserable they actually are. But if a bunch of them spent a week in America and came back, it could be the beginning of a revolution.

Agreed. I was making the same point with a little e-sarcasm.

Before this devolves into an argument over the state of our program, good luck Devin.

Agreed. I was making the same point with a little e-sarcasm.

no sarcasm it means what u said....anything to kick our program. I happen to think our team is going to be pretty good this year...why don't we lighten up and see what happens....

Before this devolves into an argument over the state of our program, good luck Devin.

absolutely....he is going to be a great player for us and doesn't need to read this shit every day

And I don't need to watch the shit on the court nearly every game night of the [Redacted] Error, but I have anyway. I guess because I can't learn my lesson.

This thread, like so many others, shows how sick some posters are. This is a huge positive for Devin. It's a wonderful accomplishment. Some here can't just congratulate him on his hard work and success.

Those people are really sad.

This thread, like so many others, shows how sick some posters are. This is a huge positive for Devin. It's a wonderful accomplishment. Some here can't just congratulate him on his hard work and success.

Those people are really sad.

Well said. This is positive for Devin and for our program. He has some tough competition and I hope he performs at a very high level. If you can't support this kid, then forget claiming to be a Wake fan.

Memo to the old fart holier than thou crowd: No one here isn't supporting Devin.

Memo to the old fart holier than thou crowd: No one here isn't supporting Devin.

But they don't hesitate to take a thread devoted to acknowledging a recognition for Devin and turn it into another negative thread.

Well said. This is positive for Devin and for our program. He has some tough competition and I hope he performs at a very high level. If you can't support this kid, then forget claiming to be a Wake fan.

QFT?

Reading comprehension a problem?

If you claim to be a Wake fan and cannot get behind Devin, you are lying!

Hey jackass: No one's not behind Devin. It's not a reading comprehension issue. You're reading stuff that isn't there. Being happy for Devin and pissed at our shitty program can in fact coexist.

Back