• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donahue out at BC

I met Donahue at a BC event last Fall. I mentioned my Wake Forestness to him and he gave me an enthusiastic, unsolicited endorsement of Buzz. Included in his BzDefense was the culture line, something like "You don't even want to know the things that were going on that weren't made public."

I'm sure there exists ulterior motives why he would defend Bz, if for nothing else no one would consider Donahue the ACC's worst. I hate to see him go (I'm referring to Donahue, of course), nice guy, runs a fast 5k (21 and change).

As for Amaker, I don't see him leaving Harvard except for a top tier job. He seems to truly enjoy being part of the Harvard mystique and his place in the community.

Lolz at Bruce Pearl. Dude was born in Boston and is a BC grad. (But seriously, doubt that BC would even look to him, but the speculation at least would've been interesting.)

I met Donahue at a BC event last Fall. I mentioned my Wake Forestness to him and he gave me an enthusiastic, unsolicited endorsement of Buzz. Included in his BzDefense was the culture line, something like "You don't even want to know the things that were going on that weren't made public."

Maybe that's why he's out of a job despite posting a better record than Bz at a school with far less basketball tradition.

Some BC fans pushing for Howland. Will be interesting to see if they end up with a more impressive hire.

Hard to imagine BC taking someone that doesn't have ties to the northeast. Masiello!?

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops 1m
Tommy Amaker, Mike Hopkins, Derek Kellogg RT @Jimmy_OConnell: Early names for BC?

Who will replace Donahue? According to multiple sources, Harvard’s Tommy Amaker is the leading candidate for the position.

Amaker is a likely choice because of his ACC pedigree, having played and served as an assistant at Duke under coach Mike Krzyzewski. Amaker also had head coaching stints in the Big East at Seton Hall and in the Big Ten at Michigan, recruiting blue-chip prospects at both schools.

Amaker then turned Harvard from an Ivy League also-ran into a powerhouse that recently clinched its third consecutive conference title and is making its third straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament.

Link

Calhoun is about to turn 72. He's had a couple of bouts with cancer. He also left UConnstealandcheat on probation when he left.

I'm interested in Zoe Saldana. I think I have as much chance.

Though the ACC is a far better conference, that seems like a lateral move for Cooley.

Lonergan and Skerry would both be solid hires for them, IMO.

You are correct in saying it's a far better conference. It's also far richer. Even though it looks lateral at this time, I'd rather be at BC than Providence in the long run. Cooley with Battle would be a good get for BC. Hell, I like Cooley for Wake over names like Reed, Mooney, Capel and Paulsen.

Back