• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President

DistrictDeacon

Reaction score
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

Early in the campaign, Sam Nunberg was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate. “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment,” Nunberg recalled, “before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.”

“Here’s the deal,” a close Trump associate told Priebus. “In an hour meeting with him, you’re going to hear 54 minutes of stories, and they’re going to be the same stories over and over again. So you have to have one point to make, and you pepper it in whenever you can.”

“What a fucking idiot,” said Murdoch, shrugging, as he got off the phone.

She treated her father with a degree of detachment, even irony, going so far as to make fun of his comb-over to others. She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate — a contained island after scalp-reduction ­surgery — surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray. The color, she would point out to comical effect, was from a product called Just for Men — the longer it was left on, the darker it got. Impatience resulted in Trump’s orange-blond hair color.

Bannon is talking to everybody nowadays.

My favorite was the excerpts from a conversation between Trump and some rando because Trump regularly complains to randos and then tries to find the leaker.

Donald Trump didn't want to be president, but the rubes didn't care what he wanted.

Donald Trump didn't want to be president, but the rubes didn't care what he wanted.

Didn't we already know this? He was gonna get with Bannon and the Breitbart folks and start a more conservative alternative network to Fox.

everything I just read from those book excerpts seems like it actually could have happened. I'm sure that something is not factual, but there was not one moment where I thought "bullshit, I just don't believe trump would say that"

everything I just read from those book excerpts seems like it actually could have happened. I'm sure that something is not factual, but there was not one moment where I thought "bullshit, I just don't believe trump would say that"

The guy who wrote the book is Rupert Murdoch's biographer. He's insanely well connected in that group of people and has unrivaled access. I doubt it's possible to get a better view into what has happened over the past 2 years.

And it’s clear he talked to Murdoch for the book.

Now his recent twitter binge threatening Nuclear war makes sense, he got advance leaks of the book a few days ago.

this thread:

What's scary about these revelations is this is stuff we've been saying for at least 18 months now.

What's scary about these revelations is this is stuff we've been saying for at least 18 months now.

Which makes you wonder whether or not the rubes will care? I’m leaning towards “no”, but there are some on the board, so just wait for them to come stop by and prove it.

Looks like at least one rube is starting to see the light.

Looks like at least one rube is starting to see the light.

Not everyone who voted for the man is a rube. Just the ones who love the guy, attend the rallies, buy the shit. Those folks are rubes.

Now his recent twitter binge threatening Nuclear war makes sense, he got advance leaks of the book a few days ago.

I’m disappointed. I thought for sure you’d start the “if he didnt want to be president then why would he collude with the Russians” chorus.

Back