• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't blame the messenger! - Marc with a C saying Buzz is Back!

Remember that even with last night's victory, this is what we're evaluating:

8-24 (1-15)
13-18 (4-12)
13-18 (6-12)
16-14 (6-11)

I'm sorry, but this has just got to stop.

Look at our record, we are WINNERS KidA!

FWIW, I spoke to a friend this morning who has a pretty good connection to the BOT and big donors. Any way, he was told we've already identified a replacement and made an offer. Supposedly that got back to [Redacted] which prompted the recent meeting and speculation.

Any way, whether it's coming from a radio show or a friend of a friend, it's all complete conjecture until an announcement is made.

Personally, I'm not too worried if the report of him walking off the court immediately after last night's win is true. Unless he was trying to channel his inner Herb Brooks (clearly no way this is possible), that just doesn't seem normal for a coach who just had his biggest win of his WFU career. It seems more normal for someone who knows it's over and is ready to move on.

FWIW, I spoke to a friend this morning who has a pretty good connection to the BOT and big donors. Any way, he was told we've already identified a replacement and made an offer. Supposedly that got back to [Redacted] which prompted the recent meeting and speculation.

Any way, whether it's coming from a radio show or a friend of a friend, it's all complete conjecture until an announcement is made.

Personally, I'm not too worried if the report of him walking off the court immediately after last night's win is true. Unless he was trying to channel his inner Herb Brooks (clearly no way this is possible), that just doesn't seem normal for a coach who just had his biggest win of his WFU career. It seems more normal for someone who knows it's over and is ready to move on.
014944bf103c6ef4095941dcbc331c08976e64d9372adb492e6eca04d10253b1.jpg

Buzz may have been walking to the Duke locker room to check on K - who was having a medical issue. They said he walked down the tunnel behind the duke players.

Gotta be Howland right?

Last edited:
Clearly RW took the wrong tack with Bz. Guaranteeing his job security time and again? Epic failures. Leak to him that he's canned? Win over No. 4 Duke.

Gotta be Howland right?

Couldn't tell you. I'll be honest, I have no idea how credible that information is and there's a solid chance it isn't. My main point was to show that it's absurdly easy to throw rumors around based on an iota of intelligence from an "inside source".

So fuck the radio station who's trolling us. I'll believe what I want to believe until we know definitively.

The Ben Howland reference is because he's unemployed and the season is still going on right now.

The thing about the give buzz another year would be that it can't just be give buzz another year, it would need to be give buzz an extension and next year. Last year buzz could be brought back with no contract extension, this year an extension means that more money is tied to him so bringing him back can't just be for a year and that would just be fucking retarded. Then again the same man gave Dino a contact extension and then fired him so it has precedent.

The whole "replacement and offer" thing would be counter to every other coaching search I have ever seen.

And I understand that Newenglanddeac is not vouching for its accuracy.

He's gone. Search process has been in process for weeks. Don't worry, other than, no big name replacement.

Remember that even with last night's victory, this is what we're evaluating:

8-24 (1-15)
13-18 (4-12)
13-18 (6-12)
16-14 (6-11)

I'm sorry, but this has just got to stop.

Your evidence, as damning as it is on it's own, actually gives Bz WAAAAAY MORE credit than he deserves.

Since 2003, Here's a list of the total games WF has played against sub-100 opponents-

Prosser
2003- 10
2004- 6
2005- 7
2006- 9
2007- 8

Gaudio
2008- 9
2009- 10
2010- 8

[Redacted]
2011-10
2012- 18
2013- 15
2014- 12*

- In the 2003-2010 (pre-Bz) era, WF averaged playing 8 games vs. sub-100 opponents.
- In [Redacted]'s tenure, WF has averaged playing 14 games vs sub-100 opponents.

Since Gaudio and Prosser each lost just ONE game to a sub-100 opponent in their respective tenures (combined total of 65-2, .970), historically those games should be considered virtually guaranteed wins.

By virtue of scheduling, [Redacted] has been given 6 more almost guaranteed wins PER SEASON than his predecessors.

Now, take a look back at [Redacted]'s 'results' with that in mind.

Shit like this is why I will never root for Wake in another game until Buzz is gone. It is why I took no comfort in the win last night and could not root for the boys even for one second.

If Buzz is back, I'm personally footing the bill for another billboard. What was it, 2 grand?

This was based on nothing but his opinion, he didn't claim to have a source telling him this did he?

We didn't lose to a mid-major or low-major this season, vt. I guess you just can't be pleased with the #progress, huh?

Shit like this is why I will never root for Wake in another game until Buzz is gone. It is why I took no comfort in the win last night and could not root for the boys even for one second.

If Buzz is back, I'm personally footing the bill for another billboard. What was it, 2 grand?

That's like 4 mos worth of AIDS meds

Back