• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

duke Game Thread (Thursday, 7:30, ESPN)

Why? Just curious as to your thinking on it.

I went last year on Thanksgiving weekend and there was a decent crowd.
That was a day game on a nice day. It’s going to be cold as shit this Thursday. I was also there last year though and would probably put the attendance at like 10k.

That was a day game on a nice day. It’s going to be cold as shit this Thursday. I was also there last year though and would probably put the attendance at like 10k.
Totally agree. Plus our season was still frisky and Duke was on the up and up a bit (last year). They’ve clearly peaked this year, we’re in the shitter, no one cares, they just signed Cooper Flagg, on and on. It’ll be like one of our games. By 4th quarter there might be 5k there

Durham shows a calm, dry, sunny day on Thursday with a daytime high of 55. Probably upper 40’s by kickoff. In no world is that “cold as shit.” Sounds like pretty damn nice November football weather to me.

Durham shows a calm, dry, sunny day on Thursday with a daytime high of 55. Probably upper 40’s by kickoff. In no world is that “cold as shit.” Sounds like pretty damn nice November football weather to me.
For NC on November 2, being in the low 30’s when the game ends is pretty damn cold and will definitely keep people from attending.

After being a little excited about their team a few games ago, Duke fans will disappear faster than a dozen doughnuts in the offensive lineman training room now that they are fading to irrelevance. And Wake fans are pretty disgusted right now so not many of them will show either.

It's been 80+ degrees in central NC for like the past week, unseasonably warm late October weather. So yeah, the 40's is going to feel "cold as shit" this coming Thursday after this past week's weather. But I'll be there as well to catch a little Thursday night FB action.

I understand temperature can be a matter of perception, and that jeans and sweatshirt weather will feel cold compared to our recent shorts and t-shirt weather…but based on responses, I would advise several of you to avoid something like a January football game in Buffalo, for example.

I understand temperature can be a matter of perception, and that jeans and sweatshirt weather will feel cold compared to our recent shorts and t-shirt weather…but based on responses, I would advise several of you to avoid something like a January football game in Buffalo, for example.
Lived in New England for years. I know cold. You cannot deny that it being in the 30s/40s will impact the attendance at a Wake/Duke football game.

I make it a habit to avoid Buffalo in any month.

Back