• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Elko DOES leave Notre Dame to take DC spot at A&M

Have to think that if Clawson ever decides to move up the P5 FB chain down the road (which I hope he doesn't), Elko may be high on Wellman's short list as a replacement.

Coaches salaries are getting crazier every year. Take some of the money they are making and use it as a stipend for the players

The players do get a stipend. At Wake, they get free room and board, or about 64,000 per year. And extra meals on the road and during season. Plus, in early 2000s, probably more now, after they move off campus, get an extra ~400 a month after paying the rent, PLUS A COMPUTER!

The Players "complaining" about being hungry are the ones that opt out of schools meal program, get the check for meals for the whole semester, then go buy an xbox with the money. By the end of the semester of course they have no money to eat.

a scholarship and extra benefits worth about 70,000 is quite a nice paycheck for 18-22 year old kids. They just have to play college ball to get it. But now it's like 20 hours of film, 10 hours of practice, 5 hours of weights or something? They may not even be working 40 hours a week for the 70k

The players do get a stipend. At Wake, they get free room and board, or about 64,000 per year. And extra meals on the road and during season. Plus, in early 2000s, probably more now, after they move off campus, get an extra ~400 a month after paying the rent, PLUS A COMPUTER!

The Players "complaining" about being hungry are the ones that opt out of schools meal program, get the check for meals for the whole semester, then go buy an xbox with the money. By the end of the semester of course they have no money to eat.

a scholarship and extra benefits worth about 70,000 is quite a nice paycheck for 18-22 year old kids. They just have to play college ball to get it. But now it's like 20 hours of film, 10 hours of practice, 5 hours of weights or something? They may not even be working 40 hours a week for the 70k

20 hours total for all scheduled football activities per week. (This includes game time in season)

Those that want to "pay" the players as employees, do you also want to fire the players if they do not perform or get hurt ?

20 hours total for all scheduled football activities per week. (This includes game time in season)

Those that want to "pay" the players as employees, do you also want to fire the players if they do not perform or get hurt ?

You act like that isn’t already happening all over the country.

The players are paid/compensated well. I'd say 95% of players are compensated way over the service they provide to the school . The Deshaun Watson's and Baker Mayfields are compensated the same, but also receive free marketing of their "brand" on national TV.

Everyone benefits in NCAA football. Schools, Academics, Student Athletes, NCAA, Sponsors, Jobs etc etc.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure most student athletes would not want to be employees of the school, and everything that could potentially come with that, and lose the NCAA's protection.

Not to mention the marching band and cheerleaders. Their real life equivalents get paid. In fact, all college extra curricular activities require "work". All students should be paid because work requires PAY!!11!

The players are paid/compensated well. I'd say 95% of players are compensated way over the service they provide to the school . The Deshaun Watson's and Baker Mayfields are compensated the same, but also receive free marketing of their "brand" on national TV.

The left in our country just have a problem with the big, bad rich guy, and anyone who is rich must have taken money out of 18 year old's pockets to be rich. Everyone benefits in NCAA football. Schools, Academics, Student Athletes, NCAA, Sponsors, Jobs etc etc.

I pretty sure you are better than this post, but we'll see.

Why not let student athletes profit from their own likeness? Why is that such a wacky progressive idea?

I pretty sure you are better than this post, but we'll see.

Ha. I think I'd stand by everything I said except for the first sentence of the second paragraph. That was a little over the top. I'll delete it.

Why not let student athletes profit from their own likeness? Why is that such a wacky progressive idea?

Like what? Selling their own jerseys, or paid for autograph sessions?

Last edited:

The left in our country just have a problem with the big, bad rich guy, and anyone who is rich must have taken money out of 18 year old's pockets to be rich. Everyone benefits in NCAA football. Schools, Academics, Student Athletes, NCAA, Sponsors, Jobs etc etc.

Huh? You have been listening to too much somebody. Please don't try to define the "left" in two sentences, and I promise not to do the same to the "right." My experience, particularly in visiting what this white urban liberal would call "the boonies" is that both the left and right are much harder to pin down than we are led to believe. My gun toting sister-in-law and beer brewing brother are not the typical definition of left, and the folks on the right I have shared a table with are remarkably socially liberal.

In short, fuck off.

Ha. I think I'd stand by everything I said except for the first sentence of the second paragraph. That was a little over the top. I'll delete it.

Like what? Selling their own jerseys, or paid for autograph sessions?

Sure, or advertising, or selling jerseys, etc.

Huh? You have been listening to too much somebody. Please don't try to define the "left" in two sentences, and I promise not to do the same to the "right." My experience, particularly in visiting what this white urban liberal would call "the boonies" is that both the left and right are much harder to pin down than we are led to believe. My gun toting sister-in-law and beer brewing brother are not the typical definition of left, and the folks on the right I have shared a table with are remarkably socially liberal.

In short, fuck off.

I retracted before you got upset. Sorry about that, it was a lazy sentence written by me. But whatever. The fuck off seems harsh.

In short, fuck off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no

I retracted before you got upset. Sorry about that, it was a lazy sentence written by me. But whatever. The fuck off seems harsh.

Fair enough. You know us liberals though, quick w/ the fucks. In fact, hold on a sec ...

I just fucked my wife's lesbian friend's gf. She told me she was the Brooklyn vice chair of the Bernie Sanders committee whilest I was banging her. Now I'm back. You get a ton of good liberal info whilest we screw each other. I don't even know HOW you right nutters get your info ... sitting in front of the TV??? hahaha. Dummies

Seems like coordinators get hung out to dry on the reg (see also: 2017 Green Bay Packers), so you can't fault them for jumping at big money for a lateral/upward move.

Fair enough. You know us liberals though, quick w/ the fucks. In fact, hold on a sec ...

I just fucked my wife's lesbian friend's gf. She told me she was the Brooklyn vice chair of the Bernie Sanders committee whilest I was banging her. Now I'm back. You get a ton of good liberal info whilest we screw each other. I don't even know HOW you right nutters get your info ... sitting in front of the TV??? hahaha. Dummies
You're a strange dude.

The turn on this thread has made me question the value of a Wake Forest Education- right left or in the middle.

Back