• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Emmy's Watching Thread

Also, who the heck watches Mike and Molly?

See: Two & a Half Men and Everybody Loves Raymond

Actually will watch Two & a Half Men tonight just to see how they handle Sheen & Kutcher's characters.

See: Two & a Half Men and Everybody Loves Raymond

Actually will watch Two & a Half Men tonight just to see how they handle Sheen & Kutcher's characters.

I knew plenty of people that watched Raymond...fewer that watch/watched Two & A Half Men...

I know no one that watches Mike & Molly

Tyrion and Coach Taylor winning is awesome.

Lady won for Bridesmaids. She was awesome in that one.

How the dude from "Big Bang" can beat out Carrell in his last year on "The Office" is ridiculous.

Thought that Goggins should have won over Dinklage, but I've never seen "Game of Thrones". I think Goggins will have his chance - his character is so good.

Lady won for Bridesmaids. She was awesome in that one.

How the dude from "Big Bang" can beat out Carrell in his last year on "The Office" is ridiculous.

Thought that Goggins should have won over Dinklage, but I've never seen "Game of Thrones". I think Goggins will have his chance - his character is so good.

Jim Parsons is hilarious.

This whole "career achievement" or "series achievement" crap is stupid.

I never watched The Office because of Michael Scott...it was because of Dwight, Jim, Pam, Creed, Darryl, Andy etc

Dinklage is playing a character that was written for him to play.

I never watched The Office because of Michael Scott...it was because of Dwight, Jim, Pam, Creed, Darryl, Andy etc

i think that's pretty weird, but whatever.

I knew plenty of people that watched Raymond...fewer that watch/watched Two & A Half Men...

I know no one that watches Mike & Molly

Either your friends have gotten smarter, or you have gotten smarter friends. :)

Saw a preview of the season premiere of The Office. Not encouraged.

Dead on.

You know, it almost pains me to say it because I do love Steve Carrell, but I have to kind of agree. There were more than a few times where Michael Scott's antics were just too over the top and cringe-worthy, but the other characters have generally all been great (still think earlier seasons were funnier than more recent, but I do still watch and enjoy the show).

You know, it almost pains me to say it because I do love Steve Carrell, but I have to kind of agree. There were more than a few times where Michael Scott's antics were just too over the top and cringe-worthy, but the other characters have generally all been great (still think earlier seasons were funnier than more recent, but I do still watch and enjoy the show).

Agreed...

Though I really liked Carrell's final episodes...

Him saying goodbye to everyone (Jim/Pam in particular) and then everyone singing to him were great moments in the show.

His redeeming moments were great....but over-the-top awkwardness literally made me look away from the TV sometimes.

I wouldn't have had a problem had he won, but to say he deserves it just because it was his last year is silly.

I actually stopped watching The Office because of Michael Scott. I remember the exact episode too - it was the one where they were doing some sort of murder mystery role-playing in the office. About ten minutes in, I threw up my hands and said "I'm out." Haven't watched since, but might give it another try now that he's gone.

As for the Emmys, Jon Hamm got boned.

I stopped reading right here. I guess tastes just differ, and apparently mine do not correspond with Emmy voters. I've never seen an episode of BIG BANG, nor an appearance, interview, or any other video of Jim Parsons that I thought was funny in the least bit. I've even had friends who love BIG BANG pick out the parts that they thought were especially funny, and I honestly watched them with an open mind, and still did not think that Parsons was funny. I plan to watch a few episodes when it syndicates soon and give it a chance, but I don't have high hopes.

I stopped reading right here. I guess tastes just differ, and apparently mine do not correspond with Emmy voters. I've never seen an episode of BIG BANG, nor an appearance, interview, or any other video of Jim Parsons that I thought was funny in the least bit. I've even had friends who love BIG BANG pick out the parts that they thought were especially funny, and I honestly watched them with an open mind, and still did not think that Parsons was funny. I plan to watch a few episodes when it syndicates soon and give it a chance, but I don't have high hopes.

Fair enough...

Scripted laughs can either get you rolling or never get a chuckle.

My favorite episode of his is the one where Sheldon moves out and stays with all of the characters until they kick him out and in the end he's on cough syrup and valium and is all loopy...I cracked up when I saw it and still do.

Plus Parsons is very witty in interviews...a little corny, but not like he's an unfunny dude.

Big bang is fucking terrible. CBS in general is god awful.

Their shows are like watching 22 mins of knock knock jokes as told by your clueless uncle who has zero sense of humor.

The only way I'd find Jim parsons funny is if Louis ck went up on stage, stole his award, then beat him over the head with it.

Big bang is fucking terrible. CBS in general is god awful.

Their shows are like watching 22 mins of knock knock jokes as told by your clueless uncle who has zero sense of humor.

The only way I'd find Jim parsons funny is if Louis ck went up on stage, stole his award, then beat him over the head with it.

Yea because it's a lot funnier to talk about jacking off and being fat over and over and over and over and over

It's just different preferences....I like Louis CK and BBT....I don't like 2.5 Men or any of the other CBS comedies.

Nice dress.

1796322526_11965072630.jpg

That football game was fantastic too.

Back